Rashida Tlaib - The Answer

I won’t post a link, everyone knows what the biggest news story of the day was yesterday.

For two and a half years I have read post after post here of complaints about Trump’s language. And every single one of them was correct. Trump is a foul-mouthed lout. His personality detracts from policy to the point it becomes the point. He is a rude boor.

What he is not is an excuse for anyone else to do the same.

What that “congresswoman” said was pure theatrics, no different than when Trump does it. Congratulations Detroit, you have found your female (she’s not a lady, he’s not a gentleman) version of the orange maniac. I hope you find your next one soon. And 100 more.

It was inevitable after the Kavanaugh Kabuki. Hypocrisy Theater.

If Trump has turned national politics into a reality show, he seems to have no problem finding leading counterparts.

Can’t wait for the next round

4 Likes

I have to agree that what she said was completely out of order and no politician should be using that language in public.

Obviously Trump did not make her use the term she used but his ugly discourse and constant insults and jibes via twitter have made this language seemingly more acceptable.

Regardless of politics we should all condemn this type of language been used.

I am no saint and the occasional f bomb passes my lips but I also know I am snob when it comes to using language and tend to look down on those who use profanities in every single sentence.

3 Likes

I can honestly say I’ve never complained of Trump’s use of swear words.

Don’t care.

Can’t link because filth, but you can go on Twitter and Facebook and find compilation videos of Donnie using that very word and worse on the campaign trail and at rallies, to Redhat cheers.

The faux fainting spell impresses no one.

2 Likes

Nobody cares what trumps says persay…we care about the reaction and defense of stupid ■■■■■

Then again i was informed by the right, trump and folks on this very board that with trump the PC culture is dead…

You know from calling people snowflakes, libs, Dimocrats, and so on and so on…

No what we have here is the right attempting to spin up their outrage machine while ignoring the orange turd breather in the white house who insults anyone…

Maybe she was bleeding from her…or face was bleeding from a face lift etc etc…

I grab you guys some tissues

1 Like

Not the OP, but I love the outrage this woman’s profanity caused among some Trump supporters. The pearl clutching and wide-eyed innocence on display yesterday here was glorious.

Looking forward to more outrage posts from them as they continue to line up behind Donald.

3 Likes

Great post. I slip too, and sometimes it is intentional. My son is 25 years-old. He’s never heard me say that word nor the one Trump used when bragging about grabbing.

Trump doesn’t actually swear in public. His thing is putting people down, calling them names, saying their stupid, or liars, etc… And talking down to people, in particular women, referring to them by their first name, as though they were an office assistant. And of course he just utters lies and untruths like most people breathe.

After watching the right-wing media let that all slide, it’s been fascinating to watch them latch on to this one foul-mouthed utterance as though it’s an outrageous affront to their sensibilities. Really? Over the last three years or so, they’ve pretty much flushed their right to be affronted. They’ve certainly discarded their standing to criticize.

1 Like

That a new congress was sworn in.

That was clearly the biggest news story of the day.

Have to admit none of my kids have heard me use the word she used. Bollocks we have something in common. :wink:

All about Trump. All the time. Is she so stupid she has to follow an idiot’s lead? Is she so weak-minded she can’t control herself?

Congratulations, your party now has their very own Trump. Again.

2 Likes

And it’s not “persay”, it’s per se. Latin. Two words.

She’s a freshman house rep. If you want to compare her to the leader of the Republican Party, you are going to attact some scrutiny for that claim.

“Republican hypocrisy at its finest: saying that Trump admitting to sexual assault on tape is just ‘locker room talk,’ but scandalizing themselves into faux-outrage when my sis says a curse word in a bar,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote. “GOP lost entitlement to policing women’s behavior a long time ago. Next.”

I love this woman. She’s going to have a long history in the party.

1 Like

Why would the democrats not want their very own trump? Look how successful he’s been, politically.

Not really…one ■■■■■■■■■■■■ does not make a trump…try again

I don’t watch right-wing media. Maybe you should consider my program. Pundits are a huge part of the problem in this country. On both sides.

Suddenly it’s a thing for republicans that Trump’s behavior and talking is not exemplary and they are worried about the brashness taking over once it’s coming from a democrat, much less a woman. All along we heard Trump talk excused has a welcome relief from political correctness and he’s just telling it like it is. Was that just a bunch of crap like everything else? This convenient double standard after the genie has been let out of the bottle.

1 Like

Oh no, not cursing when it happens regularly on network television now and is just bleeped our.

What you want is irrelevant; what you have chosen is in Congress.

Pretty successful I’d say. He beat the unbeatable. And look at the excusers in this thread. Trump seems to be the civility standard the DNC now aspires to.