RASHIDA REACTS: Rep. Tlaib Accuses House Democrats, Republicans of Rampant ‘Islamophobia’

Originally published at: RASHIDA REACTS: Rep. Tlaib Accuses House Democrats, Republicans of Rampant ‘Islamophobia’ | Sean Hannity

Rep. Rashida Tlaib publicly defended Ilhan Omar’s virulent anti-Semitic statements this week; blasting her liberal colleagues and claiming “Islamophobia is very much among the Democratic Party.”

“Why do you think people in your own party reacted so strongly against what [Omar] said?” asked The Circus host Alex Wagner.

“You know, I’m trying to figure it out. It’s just this past week, I feel, and I know this would be somewhat shocking for some, but I think Islamophobia is very much among the Democratic Party as well as the Republican Party,” Tlaib said.

“And I know that’s hard for people to hear, but there’s only been four members of Congress that are of Muslim faith. Three of them currently serve in this institution. More of us need to get elected, but more of us need to understand as we come into this institution that I have a lot of work to do with my colleagues,” she added. “I think our country is struggling with it.”