Rant at Doctors

I get that RT. More the reason to be cognisant of people and their time.

Oh I know you know why. I was just answering the question the poster posed about why you would do such a thing.

Itā€™s not like you have a choice anymore.

I do find it amusing however, that people suddenly figured out waiting rooms are a germy mess of God knows what all.

Did they finally figure out that every sick person who comes in and sits down and fingers all the nice magazines, books, chair arms, etc. as well as the snotty kids playing with toys in the toy corner just left a crap ton of germs and possibly infected more people with their flu or what have you?

Or did they instead just covid panic and shut it down like the local burger joint because the governor said so? :wink:

1 Like

I get it. That is a good additional point.

Iā€™m saying I do.

I pay THEM. I pay for their time, overhead, etc.

Yet, they behave as though me visiting their office is their blessing.

No. It isnā€™t.

ME visiting their office is MY blessing.

1 Like

I meant a choice in sitting in a waiting room. They took that choice away. As far as choice to even put up with their crap, yes, you most definitely have a choice.

That is up to them. Meh.

Just be respectful of my time.

Iā€™m just saying, RT, that people need to start DEMANDING if you have an appointment at a certain time you are seen within that time. Iā€™ll give or tale 10 minutes.

Doctors are not Gods. They are a business. I could never run my business by ,making people wait for an appointment they scheduled ior 40 minute delay.

Yet, people are willing to do this because it is a ā€œdoctorā€/

Iā€™m asking why. AND Iā€™m going to bill them for my time. (ghasp)

It is a novel idea and novel thinkingā€¦ Yet, why not?

Definitely not arguing any of that sweetie.

Iā€™ve had my share of this crap myself. My last appointment lased 1.5 hours. I saw the guy less than 10 minutes total.

Youā€™re preaching to the choir. :hugs:

So, why do people put up with this?

Doctors are a business, right?

RT. Iā€™m serious. Iā€™m going to send an invoice for my time.

I know it is BS but damn. My time is worth something.

I would just to drive home the point.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would assume it is because they are healers and itā€™s not like you can go anywhere else to get what you need. They know that.

I can, RT.

Iā€™m pretty damn smart.

The bottom line for me is why do we put up with the abuse of our time?

We are too polite. Also, some do not like confrontation.

Thatā€™s the best I can do. :laughing:

i have had two doctors for the last 20 yearsā€¦ switched from the first because he retiredā€¦

whenever i set up an appointment, i always say if i have to wait more than 20 minutes that i will consider the appointment canceled and i will leaveā€¦

for both doctors, after the first couple of times of me leaving after 20 minutes, they started making sure i was in before the 20 minutes was upā€¦

you have to train them earlyā€¦

Itā€™s not your time.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

1 Like

Iā€™m very polite. To a certain point.

I donā€™t like confrontation, RT. Who in their right mind does? But sometimes it is necessary.

Sometimes one must stand for something.

What I am standing for is: Youā€™re a doctor. Youā€™re a business.

Iā€™m not going to PAY you to abuse me.

I would like people to figure out the same.

1 Like

Oh, I totally get you. I also will comment for the most part almost every receptionist I have dealt with, with the exception of one, has a stick the size of a redwood up their ass. They are at times even more condescending than some of the most condescending of physicians I have met. I am lucky in that I now have a decent office that I patronize.

ā€œIf Iā€™m here and youā€™re here, doesnā€™t that make it our time?ā€

1:09 for relevant quote

Good for you Vaard. THIS is what I am trying to convey,

YOU have the power because YOU pay their bills.

Yet, so many are willing to sit for whatever time until you are blessed to be called upon?

It is my topic.

You donā€™t get to dictate how I account for the value of my time.

Here is another sticky wicket. Some office will charge you for the appt if you leave or miss it.

Another way they have you by the nether regions. They get paid whether they do anything or not.