Rankings: Most ESG Banks

I have a question. It’s the only place I feel it can be places that actually might not push a subject too off target.

Due to things I wish not to discuss, I now have about $30 a month lying around I wish to invest.

I’d like to do it through a Roth IRA but need ideas on the best place to open one.

Instead of me suggesting who you should trust,
probably the best starting point is to ask “Who do you already trust?”

Your bank, the one you have already chosen, definitely has a relationship with some sort of investment firm. EX Bank of America works with Merrill

Your employer might have some sort of window set up to make this easy for employees. When I first started investing I worked at Penn State, they had such windows with TiAA-CREF, and Vanguard and Fidelity.

And finally, wherever you get your (auto) insurance. They definitely can direct you to the right place. Small caveat with that rout: Insurers are as reliable as the other two, but when you tell them what you are doing, they will try to sell you life insurance. (Not kidding.)

I wish you well.

Although I moved to another state I kept my accounts with my old bank because they have been very good to me with investment advice. IMO there are a lot of folks who have money to invest that don’t realize that their bank might offer investment counseling for free. And with my bank I am able to trade stocks at about half the price that a stock brokerage would change me. And I was really surprised that there are so many options when it comes to investments. Not something that a layman like myself would know about.

2 Likes

Interesting

:100:
It is true most bnaks offer quality full-service investment services, (often through affiliating with a major investment house.)

Anyway, it makes sense to invest with someone you already trust, so a bank or employer is a good place to start.