Random Questions That Bug Me

1. They want to steer the people to demanding the fancy new drug that is in patent and thus more expensive. Many of these people would be fine with older non-patent medications, but those medications are much cheaper.

2. 99% of commercials the male is portrayed as a helpless moron and the woman as a condescending bitch.

And why do the drugs have weirder and weirder names?

Those ■■■■■■■ Shriners commercials make me want to put my fist through the screen. And the new kid, Caleb, is more ■■■■■■■ annoying than the old “kid” Alec, who has not been a “kid” for several years.

I am not beating up on the kids of course, but on Shriners for putting them in the commercials in a very Jerry Lewis type pity thon. And the stupid “cutesy” dialogue just makes the commercials all the more annoying.

2 Likes

To be fair, I did once a couple years ago with Fanduel, who had a promotion where any first-time bet up to a certain limit on the Super Bowl would pay at something ridiculous like 50 to 1, and they would credit your bet back if you lost. I put down 10 bucks, got a big check a few weeks later, and never went back.

1-877-karsforkids is the WORST.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m an X heavy gambler. Take what you can get. But the first bet is on us is misleading. You lose your money if you lose. You just get it back in credit.

Are doctors even considering doing it for that reason?

I don’t think they see the latter that way. More like “you ho sassy girl”

Hey Sneaky…it may be time for you to stop watching TV lol.

This is why kids cant spell…amIright?

…or play weird pink instruments…

Please combine this thread back into the original one.

Great, now I have that stupid song stuck in my head. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

My work is done here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I turn the radio off when that hellish commercial come on.

It’s way worse on TV.

Because they have run out of names that are not weird. :wink:

This may need to be fact checked, but I remember hearing some time ago that US and New Zealand are the only countries that allow prescription drug advertising.

Holy mackerel. You guys ought to cut the cord. I did that coming up on a decade ago, and I never watch a commercial.

The only thing left is promos for a show on the streamer, or an ad for a different program by the content creator, and those can be skipped with a single tap of a button.

I do get channels over the air with a traditional antenna, in addition to streaming services. I haven’t had cable or satellite in years. But I watch a limited amount of stuff over the air.

The ads also reach the prescribers :wink: