RAND’S STAND: Sen. Paul Warns of ‘Growing Deep State’ After Being Blocked from CIA Briefing

Originally published at: RAND’S STAND: Sen. Paul Warns of ‘Growing Deep State’ After Being Blocked from CIA Briefing | Sean Hannity

Outspoken Senator Rand Paul warned America of the “growing Deep State” Tuesday; saying he was “blocked” from a CIA briefing regarding the murder of Saudi dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

“This is the very definition of the deep state,” Paul told Fox News. “The deep state is that the intelligence agencies do things, conclude things, make conclusions, but then the elected officials are prevented from knowing about this. If we aren’t told about this and I’m not allowed to know about these conclusions, then I can’t have oversight … the deep state grows and has more and more power.”

“I’ve read in the media that the CIA has said with high confidence that the crown prince was involved with killing Khashoggi. I have not seen that intelligence, nor have I even seen the conclusions. Today there is yet another briefing, and I’m being excluded from that. So really, this is the deep state at work that your representatives don’t know what’s going on in the intelligence agencies,” Paul said.

Read the full report at the Washington Examiner.

The biggest sellout of the 2016 elections was Rand Paul

This “Deep State” thing is very confusing. First they were supposed to take Trump out, now they are running cover for Trump?

It says:

“The briefing was limited to a select group of lawmakers, including leaders of the Senate’s Armed Services Committee, Foreign Relations Committee and Intelligence Committee.”

“I think the very definition of the deep state is when the intelligence communities withhold information from Congress,” he said"

These are conflicting statements! How can a briefing to leaders in congress be “withholding information”? Isn’t this SOP, leaders can brief others…

Rand Paul is such a disappointment.

1 Like

Wait- the CIA is briefing select members of the Senate and he’s griping that he wasn’t included? Maybe he should talk to his colleagues who barred him and worry less about conspiracy theories of a Deep State?

1 Like