Racist Accent What Is That?

So to you, DS9 was a documentary?

Lol nah. As much I despise HillDawg I don’t think she was ever competent enough to pull off some ■■■■ like that.

What race do either of these voices even mention, much less attack?

How does be vewy careful with regards to Mr. Ohtani attack him as a human being?

When did we become such a sensitized society that every little slight offends, & Mr. Morris’ employment is terminated even though he apologized?

The keys to the kingdoms of sports and entertainment have been handed over to its least capable, easiest to offend elements.

What does Elmer Fudd have to do with this?

It’s whose dialogue is quite similar here.

You never heard him say something like “Be vewy quiet” while hunting Bugs Bunny?

What has racism to do with this announcer’s dismissal?

What race of people did he insult?

It’s quite simple really. His Elmer Fudd impression was poor and not picked up. So they thought he was trying to mimic an Asian accent. Then his apology confirmed it to them.

Jack Morris wasn’t imitating Elmer Fudd.

He used an ethnic stereotype to imitate Asian people. He should have known some people would be upset.

He was not imitating Elmer Fudd.

You could be right. I’m not following the situation beyond this forum, but if he was imitating Fudd you’d think he’d say so. The thing is, he didn’t sound Asian either.

1 Like

Yeah, agreed. I have a friend who thinks he was drunk, and he might be right. Morris is known to enjoy his cocktails.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. He’s not the only one.

1 Like

RSN’s and team radio broadcasters are typically “homer” broadcasters. They are to cheer for the team that pays them. And that comes the issue of what homer broadcasters do.

Not sure when, exactly. Likely more of a boiling-frog thing. But this is something I said early in the thread:

In this day and age, someone out there is likely to be upset with just about anything someone says.

1 Like

Yes. Using her southern black accent on southern blacks was not mocking or condescending at all either.
:joy:

1 Like

There are some jobs that frown on joking around, as well as coming in after the cocktails another poster mentioned.

I understand.

But might a reprimand, considering Morris apologized, have been more reasonable? Or even a temporary unpaid suspension?

Termination of employment seems like killing a fly with a shotgun.

Of course a reprimand or suspension would have been more reasonable.

But with our culture of offense comes the demand for a pound of flesh, if not outright erasure.

It’s nasty. It’s vindictive. It’s odious. Fake outrage culminating in destruction. Welcome to Marxist America.