Racist Accent What Is That?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jack-morris-suspended-for-accented-comment-about-shohei-ohtani-on-live-tv/ar-AANtiYy?ocid=uxbndlbing

How is accented “be very careful” racist?

What exactly is a racist accent?

Why do I get the feeling that had Mr. Morris impersonated a white player from Atlanta or Boston, this discussion, much less his employment termination, wouldn’t be occurring?

4 Likes

Not sure I have seen many politicians go to different regions and talk differently I assume to try and connect. While cringe worthy I don’t see it as racist of course for some there is nothing else it could be.

Maybe he pronounced the Rs as Ls.

(Or vice versa.)

We live in a culture of amplified ersatz offense.

Prog wokism is all about feelings. We could be physically slaughtering each other in the streets but so long as we don’t say anything potentially offensive it’s all good. :crazy_face:

As many liberal outrages, where those various liberals claim to want to help don’t want their “help”, I wonder if Mr. Ohtani even knows what all the fuss is about:

IIRC It was a Japanese official, during Rodney King’s days of fame, who remarked that perhaps America suffered from too much diversity.

A simple reprimand and admonishing this announcer against impersonating accents, whether from Georgia or Japan, should have sufficed. Why does every little slight need to be labeled racist?

I ain’t no ways tarred.

1 Like

1 Like

Democratic doctrine states that anything that can be racialized should be racialized.
:face_vomiting:

Finding the clip took me 2 minutes, if that. He uses an accent, but it wasn’t Asian. Even though he may have been trying for the Asian accent. Sounded more Slavic.

But today, unless you are irreplaceable, you have to be very careful of anything you say in public. There’s no joking around anymore.

Humans can be cold blooded.

Public service.

Here is a clip:

More convinced of this than ever.

I knew I’d heard that line somewhere. Loved the Warner Brothers cartoons growing up.

Elmer Fudd was racist against wabbits :roll_eyes:

As a Twins fan I love Jack Morris, but he should have known that using a racial stereotype to impersonate a person from another country was going to cause outrage. That said, his bosses should have just told him to knock it off and apologize, he shouldn’t be suspended or fired.

Flags fly forever!

if Morris says he was trying to do an Elmer Fudd impression, then I’d probably just give him the benefit of the doubt because I don’t like jumping on what I presume people’s intentions are. But I don’t get how other people are offering that reasoning for him.

And now i’m watching Elmer Fudd clips.

Oh that is very possible now that I think of it. Because Fudd does often say, “be very very quiet”. Problem is, he didn’t sound anything like Elmer Fudd.

Hillary had quite a few accents down pat.

1 Like

To this day I’m fully convinced she was a Changeling from Deep Space 9.

Gave me the same vibe as the founders too. Like she’s genocide the hell out of someone for power.

1 Like