Quoting Lincoln, Mattis signs off as Secretary of Defense

Nice letter. We should all take his advice regarding our allies and enemies.

1 Like

Lincoln? I hear Mattis was kind of a Democrat.

1 Like

“Let nothing which is transpiring, change, hinder, or delay your military movements, or plans,” Mattis, citing the former president, wrote to all Defense Department workers.

“Our Department’s leadership, civilian and military remains in the best possible hands. I am confident that each of you remains undistracted from our sworn mission to support and defend the Constitution while protecting our way of life. Our Department is proven to be at its best when the times are most difficult. So keep the faith in our country and hold fast, alongside our allies, aligned against our foes.

“It has been my high honor to serve at your side. May God hold you safe in the air, on land, and at sea.”

Great letter. Well done General.

and with that the last sane person when it comes to FP leaves the WH.

The SecDef’s office is in the Pentagon.

You know what I mean, can’t wait for the next North Korea lovefest.

The â– â– â– â–  show has entered the third season. You can bet on a plethora of stupidity coming out of trumps mouth and our great country being embarrassed further.

1 Like

However few there were, the intellectuals continue to flee from this vacuous, self-serving, TV reality show presidency. And the nation is poorer for it.