Question: What does Shep Smith do for Fox News?

It doesn’t have to.

Shep makes enough anti-Trump comments to make it clear where his own sympathies lie. His is a news show, so commentary is not the norm, anyway, but he makes snide remarks and comments that are very telling. If anyone doesn’t know where he stands, they aren’t listening.

And that’s bad, if you’re supposed to be presenting the news.

M

Shep has been with the network from the very beginning. He’d have to do something egregiously stupid or illegal to be fired. Fox is NOT afraid to have him on the air.

That you cannot find someone of similar caliber, but with a conservative bent, running a show on MSNBC or CNN is very telling, however. They couldn’t handle it or stomach it.

M

Shep brings the whine and while most of the others bring the cheese.

^ that, right there, is why i’m surprised that Shep is still with Fox. he doesn’t say what their viewers want to hear.

Actually…….when Shep comes on, I’m still at work and never have a chance to hear him.

But you know he “brings the whine”. You just destroyed any credibility you had on this topic.

1 Like

In the few times I’m passing by television and hear a portion of his segment, that’s my conclusion and he’s very consistent with his perspective.

shhh. they’re covert.

1 Like

Trump fan? Only one cable station to watch. Everyone else? CNN, MSNBC, so two stations going out to similar demographics. If you look at the numbers you see that. Combined in total viewers, FOX still beat the two, but lost to them in the younger demographic.

Trumpsters, you’re going to have to do something about reaching out to younger people. You don’t have much to offer them.

“never have the chance to hear him”

I disagree that Shep Smith is unbiased. He gives his biased opinion against the President.

Hugh Hewitt is on MSNBC.

Fox is most often attacked by the left for being biased on the right. Smith is at least balanced towards the left in his Trump hatred.

When I was once involved in evaluating the proposed cost of a contract to be used by the government negotiators, after questioning the proposed costs of a number of line items I estimated the cost of one line item at more than had been proposed.
One company representative said “He believes we will need more money for this than we proposed”.
The more experienced negotiator said “He’s just trying to create the illusion of impartiality”.

Big Liberal newspaper does the same thing with their selected conservatives (though most are better than Smith)

I miss Alan.

I really liked Hannity and Colmes. I was a teenager when it was at its height. It’s part of the reason I got interested in politics.

1 Like

Such as…

Sean Hannity said Shep was very anti-Trump. I don’t watch him anymore.

So you don’t really know or have any proof. Got it. Do you have the link to where Sean said it.

Shep Smith has a need to be liked by libs.

He’s weak.

And you know this how? Link please.

Hugh Hewitt is NOT the number one anchor on MSNBC. He is a weekend host of a show. He does not have the stature of Smith. Not even close.

M