Quantity or Quality?

I will agree in extreme cases. Is that what really happens in a policy level view.

I have zero problem with vitamin supplements being part of govcare.

People living in poverty are notorious for not eating well and raising their kids on cheap highly processed crap food. It’s more than vitamins, its also protein and stuff that isn’t 30 percent sugar with almost zero nutritional value. Many don’t know any better, but then again, good food can be expensive if you don’t educate yourself. A lot of it happens before a child is even born too, and that’s a tough nut to crack.

1 Like

Thank you. But it’s not like they haven’t been told. And again, SES is not the constant.

I agree and I don’t understand why.

Yeah, it’s a pretty lonely position to have.

are notorious for living in poverty

And the cognitive development of their children could be significantly improved with a few dietary improvements.

3 Likes

No child left behind didn’t create smarter kids. It just made better test takers.

1 Like

Eliminating subsidies for poisons in our food supply would go a long way with that. Cancer feeds on sugar. Just as one example.

1 Like

Ah the sugar cartels lol. Yeah, they own more politicians than anybody.

1 Like

Is education solely for the purpose of making people good economic cogs?

Is this all human beings are?

Of course not. Some are owners. :wink:

You are right, that is dark even for you. :wink:

Once they admitted David Hogg, it became clear that they wanted to take on the challenge.

3 Likes

This is an excellent way for more children to be beaten to death by their parents.

Never mind pregnant mothers drinking themselves into oblivion and then wondering where the FASD comes from.

Allan

So what do you suggest?

There have always been stupid people. Yet civilization has progressed past living in caves.

You take care of the lessers in society. I guess how is the question.

Allan

Anybody with half a brain. That leaves out the majority of the adult population.

Allan

We are trying to reinvent the wheel here. Just look back in our short history, pick the era that you want to emulate and institute the policies of that era.

This is true. Grades are so inflated and kids are graduating high school not prepared for college.

There’s cognitive ability and having an environment suitable for using that cognitive ability. Both exist.

1 Like