Publish his picture RIGHT NOW!

Prjudicing a jury pool.

Possibky misidentifying someone as “the” suspect then having it turn out they are ruled out as being involved.

Possible retribution against a suspect’s family members.

Misidentification. Anyone who resembles him is going to get a world of hate thrown at them.

It’s a bad rule. Sometimes speed is important in order to prevent more carnage. Is there another killing planned by his group? Does he even have a group? They could know who he is in a 1/2 hour. What is the downside to finding out quick?

But the real question is; did they ask him if he identifies as a male?

1 Like

Senior law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation told NBC News that the suspect, a white man in his 20s or 30s wearing a black T-shirt and olive-green pants, had been identified through the use of facial recognition software. They said earlier that he had somehow obscured his fingerprints, making identification more difficult.

They don’t have to publicize the tip until they confirm it.

Not exactly. People understand that nobody can be in two places at once. It is impossible to be in jail and next door at the same time. They have the perp in jail.

Okie Dokie

Dude has already been identified, they are about to search his home.

Thanks for the research Airyaman.

I was looking for a good a good answer. This is pretty good.

So someone who doesn’t know where their friend is, see’s the picture will just naturally assume it’s not their friend?

They won’t post it on social media and say “hey everybody doesn’t this look like Mr. X???”

At this point they’ve got the fingerprints to run through afis. They’ve got his pick and FBI/NSA will be running thorugh every facial recognition program they have.

They probably have his DNA and have started that process as well.

You don’t need to know RIGHT NOW. Man good thing you weren’t alive in the 80’s and 90’s. You would have had a breakdown with how long it took information to get out.

2 Likes

No real research, I just follow a bunch of sources on Twitter :wink:

I saws that. It took hours to do it though. It could have been done much quicker. But that’s just my opinion. At least they know now.

Having his identity quickly is not as important as having him in custody and trying to determine 1) his motive and 2) if there are any other potential attacks. What seems to be rather concerning is that several police departments were sending officers to media outlets. Overly cautious or something else?

We’ll just have to wait and find out.

Now aren’t you glad they did their jobs their way. Not your way and tip off anyone who may be involved with his picture before they could search his house?

1 Like

Maybe………

facial ID software vs trying trough sift out 95% ■■■■■■■■ on a tip line…yeah that would have been so much faster

I disagree.

There are several reason for withhold the id until proper time.

One is big one…destroying someone life by identifying the wrong person.

That alone makes it justifiable IMO.

Some good points. I will concede.

1 Like

Senior law enforcement sources briefed on the investigation told NBC News that the suspect, a white man wearing a black T-shirt and olive-green pants, had been identified through the use of facial recognition software. The sources said earlier that he had somehow obscured his fingerprints, making identification difficult.

Just what I said. They were using all means to identify him, without causing undo harm to someone who may look like him.