Psychologist calls out big tech on election meddling

If you are asking if this is a humorously blatant taking under the constitution, then yes…

1 Like

I know.

Search engine technology is available to and understandable by anyone with a data sciences degree.

Google may have 90% of the SE market but where is the evidence they have erected significant barriers to entry to other companies or are engaging in anti-competitive practices to keep other players out of the market?

The consent decree was brought against AT&T as part of antitrust action.

I’m pretty sure one can’t bring such antitrust action against a company because one thinks they’re “being unfair to conservatives”.

Holy Big Government Batman!

1 Like

The entire CEC exists today because of the revocation of the Fairness Act.

Now many conservatives want to bring it back on a grand scale.

How do they think that’s going to work out for them?

This is the next evolution of “People are rejecting conservatism because we can’t get our message out” canard.

Holy ■■■■ that’s funny!

4 Likes

So,basically, we’re just rehashing the 1980s but with the left rising instead of the right.

I guess now it is the time for the rise of right wing authoritarianism. Quick, before anyone else can take the reins.

So, he’s expertly using his Psych degree to divest the gullibles from their $$$?

:rofl:

1 Like

His evidence for Google’s involvement in 2018 is listed - Epstein, R., & Williams, E. (2019, April). Evidence of systematic political bias in online
search results in the 10 days leading up to the 2018 U.S. midterm elections. Paper
presented at the 99th annual meeting of the Western Psychological Association,
Pasadena, CA.

Maybe the 2016 data is in anorther cited paper.

The man voted for Hillary and has been a Centre/Left of Centre voter all his life. He has held editorial positions on Psychology Today magazine and Scientific American MIND. He
received my Ph.D. at Harvard University in 1981 and has since published 15 books and
more than 300 scientific and mainstream articles on artificial intelligence and other topics.

Didn’t some one come out and say that Google works for China, that would explain the censorship of Americans.

How is copy and pasting his bio a rebuttal to my statement? lol

Look at the ridiculous statement he makes within what you posted: “No private company should have either the right or the power to manipulate large populations without their knowledge.”

The problem here is that all information sources have the power to influence public opinion. Also, considering that corporations are considered people, his statement is unconstitutional.

Or they work for the Chinese Americas enemy, that would explain why they are doing this.

…in Goofball Land.

Goofball like the Russian collusion lie pushed by dopetards. :rofl:

1 Like

Q is facade, created by Google. Facebook is the Victor. Coalescence of goober.

1 Like

Is it true Google works for the Chines?

Chines.

Gooberescense.

Yes Chinese

In what peer reviewed publication was this published?

Upon what are you basing this claim?

Nice positions, are you aware that these are MAGAZINES and not peer reviewed publications.

You fail to mention who else quotes and publishes him so allow me.

from https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Epstein%20Testimony.pdf

I have been a research psychologist for nearly 40 yearsand have also served in various editorial positions at Psychology Todaymagazine and Scientific American MIND. I received my Ph.D. at Harvard University in 1981 and have since published 15 books and more than 300 scientific and mainstream articleson artificial intelligenceand other topics

I’ve published articles about my research on Googlein both scientific publicationsand a wide array of mainstream news sources: in TIMEmagazine, U.S. News & World Report, USA Today, Dissent, The Hill, and Huffington Post, for example, but also in The Daily Caller and even inRussia’s Sputnik News

And some of his credentials from wiki

Robert Epstein (born June 19, 1953) is an American psychologist, professor, author, and journalist. He earned his Ph.D. in psychology at Harvard University in 1981, was editor in chief of Psychology Today , a visiting scholar at the University of California, San Diego, and the founder and director emeritus of the Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies in Concord, MA.[1]

Epstein has been a commentator for National Public Radio’s Marketplace , the Voice of America, and Disney Online. His popular writings have appeared in Reader’s Digest , The Washington Post , The Sunday Times (London), Good Housekeeping , Parenting , and other magazines and newspapers. An autobiographical essay documenting his long involvement with the media was published in 2006 in the academic journal Perspectives on Psychological Science .[2]

You can pretend he’s a right wing crank I guess, just more evidence that some people’s “truth” may not be a majority consensus opinion.

1 Like

Of course, globalist sell-out media are not going to cover his papers on this issue, because subliminal psychological manipulation by big tech towards the defeat of conservative politicians world-wide suits their agendas. Why would they lift this issue above the horizon. Which leaves only the conservatives as the sector reporting his findings… And his views can then be readily demonized as right wing conspiracy theories by pundits who see anything right of Mao and Stalin as extreme right.

Can we apply this standard to CEC opinion pundits?

[quote=“BlueTex, post:56, topic:201185”]Paul Thomson>>
The man voted for Hillary and has been a Centre/Left of Centre voter all his life.

Upon what are you basing this claim?
[/quote]

His oral testimony to the committee.