Pssttt. There was another mass shooting this past Friday

Oh no, I’m not saying I’m looking forward to it or I’ll be doing anything. I’m just saying it will be an ugly day if, and only if, it ever comes to that. I personally don’t see how they could enforce a confiscation short of rounding people up en masse and searching entire communities. Maybe that’s what some on the left want though.

there is a mass shooting virtually every day and a firearm homicide every 54 minutes. if that isn’t enough to change stuff then another 34,000 mass shooting won’t change anything.

I agree - that would be a dark day. The one argument against gun control that has always made sense to me is that your guns may be necessary to defend against not only criminals, but against the government itself. If guns are registered, they can be confiscated slowly, piecemeal. “First they came for the Rugers.” Today, that seems as far-fetched as it gets. The day that Trump’s hand-picked lackeys on the SC hand him a victory or this national emergency issue, making him the closest thing we’ve ever had to a dictator, it may not seem so far-fetched.

I think polls show that people are more in favor of gun control than ever before, and the NRA is not the political force it was even five years ago.

i doesn’t matter. the 2nd guarantees the right for almost everyone to own a gazillion guns. that won’t be overturned.

You don’t like the second amendment, do you?

i didn’t say that. i said with our 2nd Amendment (and with how it was interrupted) that means there is no fix for our firearm homicide and mass shooting problems.

When you start off with crap like that nothing that follows is even worth reading.

Then what is it you seek to accomplish with these threads?

No gun law you can even envision that has a chance of ever passing in this country could have prevented this shooting.

Anyone dedicated to pulling off such an act can and will get their hands on a gun to use.

Did you seriously just post this and then call for “honest debate”?

The logical extension of this argument is that all adults should openly carry all the time. Then no one will ever get shot again, because people always behave according to sound judgement rather than inflamed emotion.

Yikes.

Really?

The NRA and it’s membership are always willing to have an “honest debate”, the problem is finding someone to have a debate with that has any desire to be honest.

You can’t possibly use made up BS terminology like this and pretend you’re interested in an “honest debate” and expect anyone to take you seriously.

If gay marriage required an amendment to be legal, it would not have become legal for probably another hundred years.

The idea that you’re going to one day disarm us is pure fantasy.

The man who shot and killed five people and wounded six at an Illinois business on Friday passed an initial background check that failed to detect a felony conviction that should have stopped him buying the gun.

Later, a second background check of Gary Martin found a 1995 aggravated assault conviction in Mississippi involving the stabbing of an ex-girlfriend.

It prompted a letter stating his gun permit had been revoked and ordering him to hand his firearm to police. He did not.

Hey, with almost one mass shooting per day now and with less than 5 percent of the world’s population, we had 31 percent of all the mass shootings.

That’s overachieving in the wrong direction.

Better we should leave the gun culture the way it is so that future generations of Americans can continue to enjoy it.

Why the need to be so insulting in responses?

So seize them all?

A future without guns… The Horror! The Horror!

How do the Japanese get out of bed every day one wonders?

Seize all guns.

Hahahaha

Less than 100 years ago Tyrants used the immense power of leftist govt to take away people arms and then they killed nearly 100 million people and enslaved billions.

Never forget…or we are doomed to repeat it…