Pssttt. There was another mass shooting this past Friday

Hmmm… Seems there is a discrepancy depending on the survey method. The one deemed more reliable in general showed 32% back in 2016, but as noted maybe people just don’t admit it as much in person.

But here’s what you can take away Samm, because I know math is hard.

In 2018 there were about 127 million households. Even at 43% that would be near 54 million households with a gun and there are about 400 million civilian guns owned in the us.

So while you can fantasize that the number of households is much higher if you like, the reality is that a lot of those households that have a gun own quite a few. Don’t take my word, just ask people like Striker and probably yourself. How many guns do you own Samm and how many households do you account for?

You said you personally know people that own thousands of guns, was that several thousand people you were talking about? I kinda doubt it. So your own statements prove my point. Thanks bud.

I can see why you adopted the user name “Ramblin’ Man.” :wink:

And let’s all stay focused on the main truth here.

More guns = More mass shootings. The lies of the gun huggers are crumbling around you.

Repeating it over and over does not make it true.

5 or 6 sentences too much? I’ll remember that in the future bud.

Content buddy … content.

It being true makes it true.

More guns = More mass shootings. The lies of the gun huggers are crumbling around you.

lol - dodge the questions Samm.

How many people own those thousands of guns? Thanks again for sharing that. You proved my point nicely for me.

More guns = fewer murders per gun.

I didn’t dodge anything. The number of guns each person owns is not known. And it’s none of your or the government’s business. You are pushing a strawman argument.

No, that number is closer to 41% who either own a gun or live with someone who does.

You can’t possibly show a causal relationship between the two.

Your touted “study” doesn’t even attempt to show it and don’t list the states by rank.

Other than claiming they found a correlation between the two, without showing it mind you, the “study” doesn’t say much of anything of value.

Not necessarily when it’s been shown that more guns = more mass shootings Samm.

But it’s okay man, math is hard for a lot of people.

Not known? Well you are the one that claimed to know these people who own thousands of guns man.

Here, let me remind you man. I know it’s hard to keep up.

So were you just making that ■■■■ up Samm? How do you know they own several thousand guns if you don’t have any idea how many each person owns bud? You peddling fake news now pal?

Take your time and then come back with a good answer man. I’ll wait.

yeah thanks Rose, we worked that out man.

You know, i often check ahead when I see stuff like that figuring someone else has corrected it. You should try it. You don’t have to of course and are free to waste your time as you see fit, but it could save you from wasted post like that one.

Well if a learned scientific mind like yours doesn’t see it then that’s good enough for me Rose. It’s pure Jibber Jabber then! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

But it hasn’t been shown that more guns = more mass shootings. That is a correlation, not a cause.

Yes, but those are my friends and associates. We talk about our guns with each other. I know that several of them have 2, 3 even 4 or five times as many guns as I do (I have more than ten and fewer than 100 … that’s all you are getting on that.) And even then, I do not know the exact number they have (many of them don’t know how many they have themselves) and with the exception of a handful of guns, I do not know the specifics of their inventory. I have no clue about how many guns most of my neighbors have because it’s none of my business. You clearly have no idea about the gun owners society.

We can’t all be perfect like you are. :roll_eyes:

Well I know that I was once again 100% correct that given the stats on household gun ownership in America there are plenty of homes that have quite a few. Thanks again for backing me up on that with your volunteered info about your friends.