Protests in Hong Kong

China will be the problem every future president will have to face. I would like to see the gloves taken off Japan, or at least a build up of the imperial navy.

1 Like

OP, Trump is trying to make a deal with China. Why are you attempting to undercut negotiations? Do you not love America?

Perhaps you would like me to contact my local MLA and MLC member and ask if they can put a motion to the Legislative Assembly and Council respectively urging the USA legislature to adopt comprehensive gun law reform?

Maybe, just maybe, the appropriate forum would be the United Nations.

Also, it might help if Donald Trump watches the video in the links below. It might give him some ideas of how to behave. Be warned the content of the video is graphic in describing what happened.

How does Trump cutting USA foreign aid reduce China’s influence?

Elephant memory

However, he (Obama) added that in line with both US foreign policy and American values over all, the US believes people have the right to express themselves freely, and that Hong Kong’s elections should be fair, transparent and “reflective of the opinions of people there

This was inevitable. I’m not surprised.

And we should stay out of it.

If anyone is at fault it’s the British.

Congress certainly has no problem gallivanting all over the globe on bull ■■■■■ taxpayer funded "fact finding trips:

Japan is already doing that.

Ever notice how much Pompeo looks and even sounds like Norm from Cheers?

Sam; “what’s shaking Norm”?
Norm; “two chins and four cheeks Sammy”!

Ya they have some they need to pump it up or at least I hope they will.

One of my favorite lines…two chins and four cheeks Pompeo.

Luckily no one relies on your selective memory.

2 Likes

At least when seeing that flag, it’s possible for one to say HEY! That’s an idiot in that shirt, car, house, whatever. I think I’ll stay away.

That’s not as easy when you realize you’re dealing with someone whose ancestors they brag about being anti slavery probably refused to hire free black men for good jobs. Or they seem like nice people until they start talking about such niceties as “demographics”, or don’t utter insults like the n word, but have no problem at all with economic policies that increased cost of living for those struggling, or keeping black people from working or attending school.

I’ll take the idiot with the flag over the triple S racists (snide, sneaky and subtle). Even Malcolm X, who lived in Boston for many years, preferred the in your face idiots to those.

I agree it’s the Brit’s fault, I never understood why they gave it up. I do think we should let China know if they take away their freedoms we will stop doing business with them. I just think we should stand for the principles of freedom. I know we can’t get involved militarily & I’m not saying that.

I do think we should let the Chinese government know we will arm Taiwan, Japan, & the surrounding states if they continue down their present path because we believe they will soon be threatening them all. I think we should also recognize Taiwan as a separate & sovereign state.

If there is no consequences they will continue to do worse. China is now set to become more oppressive than North Korea. They, with the help or IBM & Google are setting up an ultra mass surveillance state to monitor it’s subjects 24/7.

They are using a politically correct social credit system replete with an inescapable network of surveillance cameras keyed to facial recognition, China has morphed into a technocratic totalitarian state that has built in punishments for not keeping in line.

If you get a little low on social credits you will not be allowed to attain a ride to work, you will walk, a little lower, & you lose your job, a little lower & you have your photo distributed to the entire neighborhood & they must not even speak to you, come near you, or have any interaction with you or they will lose social credits. Enough loss on social credit you might end up in prison.

Be religious & lose credits, especially certain ones uber targeted by the state.

You will be given daily “tests” of proclamation of praise for the great leader, & China, & fail to do that you lose credits. Speak a complaining word or make a negative statement anywhere any time of the state or great leader & lose credits.

Getting the drift? It’s probably why the people of Hong Kong are so anxious about their civil liberties & the protests are continuing. They know the fate that awaits them.

I believe the road China has taken will kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. That level of authoritarianism will take the spirit out of the people, destroy innovation, & eventually destroy their economy.

I also think most foreign companies in China will soon decide doing business there is just too risky. I hope I’m wrong.

The Army has entered Hong Kong this will be getting very bloody.

I didn’t know that. It will be bad for us all.

Liberal communists secretly cheering on the Chinese regime. Must be all those racist American flags being held up in Hong Kong.