Protests do not seem to have spiked COVID cases...this may be why

Regarding masks, no one claims they are 100% effective at preventing spread. But the less COVID-19 you inhale the better your body can fight the initial infection.

Water molecules are waaaaaay smaller than COVID-19 yet somehow masks with bigger holes than water molecules can prevent the majority (if not all) of water getting into your mouth when sprayed, especially when it is layered fabric

A basketball fits through a hoop. It doesn’t mean I can hit a half court shot 100 times in a row.

1 Like

It might be a minority opinion but I would have required masks from the start, made enough for everyone to wear the good ones the N95 ones and not close the economy but let the businesses enforce social distancing while asking the elderly and those most at risk to stay and work from home, I think we would be seeing a different result today and maybe not as bad of a financial thump.

This is pretty much what Japan did and they went through this 10x better than most countries and with Tokyo a city of 36 million people packed like sardines in the subways it should have been ground zero for this virus to spread.

2 Likes

Yes. Dr Fauci and the CDC really dropped the ball early on with their messaging on masks.

And people now are too insecure to wear one STILL mainly due to political / conspiratorial worldviews (not health)

The messaging from the fed government has been horrid.

It’s much harder for the virus to pass through your mask onto another’s especially if you are 6 ft apart. Not to mention that the mask diffuses the air so it’s not as directional. No one claims masks are 100% effective. But with social distancing and wearing a mask, the chance to spread is greatly reduced.

Again, a basketball will fit through a hoop. It doesn’t mean everyone is steph curry and guaranteed to make a basket

So, you have no science to back up you insistence on mask wearing. No need to spin out. Just accept you were ignorant.

Also why the ■■■■ am I wasting my time explaining why masks are effective

1 Like

I just did in the post above. Maybe you should take off the tinfoil and instead put on a ■■■■■■■ mask

“Everybody should wear a mask when out public,” Fauci said during Wednesday’s conversation.

Why are we fighting about masks?

These are the same “it’s just the flu” people.

125000 dead (with lockdowns) and some people are still too big of babies (or just crazy) to wear a mask

That a rather flawed analogy. There are a network of hoops all 3.5 times the diameter of the balls, and hundreds of thousands of balls being blown about randomly. How many viruses need to get into your system for you to become infected? It’s nothing like one person throwing one ball through one hoop only slightly larger than the ball.

Masks serve to engender fear and allow blame for spread to be shifted from China to you and me.

Why am I not surprised you could only seem to grasp the 1st grade level basketball analogy :rofl: and ignore the rest

How about I write a story about a turtle to explain to you why masks help slow the spread of a virus

Ya bro

Nah bro. Take that network, point it in a direction, take the other network point it in a slighlty different direction. Make the basketballs reaaaallly light so they float.

Now put these networks the equivalent of 6 feet apart - so 6 X width of a basketball in microns / .10 microns converted back to feet

Now start shooting them out. Notice how the hoops DIFFUSE the spread while not all basketballs make it in and out. How many of the diffused particles float.

Also be sure to calculate velocity

Notice how the probability of transmission is greatly decreased.

1 Like

Nevermind. ■■■■ it.

I guess it makes more sense that it’s just a giant global conspiracy to protect China and virtually all scientists and health officials don’t really believe wearing masks is vital to slowing spread. They’re just getting paid off.

1 Like

Hard to take anyone seriously about masks when “protestors” get to run rampant yelling and screaming on the streets and are given a pass.

1 Like

@Paul_Thomson oh and dont forget! Basketballs aren’t the only items being shot through the network. There’s hundreds of other different balls of different sizes competing to get through those hoops! And some of those hoops might be layered.

Yay science

So a hole that’s 100 foot wide. You have 98 non covid particles and 2 covid particles, each particle 20 feet wide. Now let’s say you have a hole thats infinitely wide (no mask).

Which scenario creates a much greater chance the COVID-19 particle WONT pass through?

Cue jeopardy music

Ya bro we don’t need masks yo

Go have an indoor rally and don’t wear a mask just because people outside were wearing masks.

Same thing.

MAGA

Praise Trump

Hey guys a photon is even smaller than COVID-19 virus. Tell me fancy pancy scientists how that mask is going to block light

1 Like

I’ll take non-sequitur for $200.