Prostitution Anyone?

Wives (generally) object to their husbands having sex with other women. If the woman is a prostitute, prostitution being legal does not increase the level of her objection. That’s common sense.

According to the latest survey up to 20% of couples have engaged in consensual non monagamy at one time or another

Keeping it illegal has been a boon for modern day slavers.

5 Likes

What’s wrong with being a sex worker?

Hookers have their place in this world.

You don’t consider sex trafficking harm? Prostitution is a major factor in why sex trafficking is occurring.

Illegal prostitution is primarily why sex trafficking occurs.

3 Likes

In the words of the late, great George Carlin:

Selling is legal, ■■■■■■■ is legal. So what’s wrong with selling ■■■■■■■?!

1 Like

Paying for sex from someone who may be disease ridden, rather than getting it at home?

I think there’d be some extra feeling of resentment there.

That admit to it in a survey. I’d bet it’s more than that.

No, but it will most certainly add a few extra layers of scorn. :wink:

Unbelievable. You have scraped right through the bottom of the barrel, an I ain’t no Bernie Sanders fan either.

Anywhere you find women prostituting themselves you usually don’t have to look very far for drugs or an abusive male.

Because it’s illegal. In places where it’s legal, it’s a business. Remove the stigma and it’s fine.

Logical extension.

Would the law changing cut down on the abuse sex workers endure?

Is that so? Not according to this paper.

Big time.

How do we magically remove a stigma and social taboo that has existed for thousands of years? No it’s not fine. Women who chose to be sex workers are, in most cases, either addicted to illegal drugs or being coerced by their partner or pimp or both. Sex working and exploitation go hand in hand.

But hey, guess who you have on your side on this issue?

1 Like

It’s a trade with high wages and no education requirement. It should be legalized and made safer.