Prohibition of drugs. Criminals love to see it. Why do we make their day?

Prohibition of drugs. Criminals love to see it. Why do we make their day?

You will know why criminals love to see us prohibit the various social drugs that we and our children consume.

Why did you vote to make their day?

Why are we fighting a drug war against our own children when our intelligentsia pushes for drug legalization so that we can then control in a better way what we and our children consume?

Our children are the ones dying due to our drug war, — while we adults hide behind legislation that criminals love to see?

Regards
DL

1 Like

I agree—at least when it comes to marijuana. Purchase of one’s chosen way of imbibing in a state regulated dispensary takes business away from drug dealers.

I wonder if the same can be said for this crackdown on opioid pain medications. If those in need of strong pain relief are cut off by their doctor, isn’t that what sends many for heroin?

No it’s the addiction to opioids that does it

1 Like

If harm reduction is what we seek, legalizing pot is a good start, but it is not the drug that is killing our youth.

The adulterated killing drugs and their pushers is what has to be dealt with.

The majority of intelligent professional studies and reports say that all the drugs have to be shifted from law enforcement to the medical umbrella if we are to gain in the drug war that is proving to be a watr against our young, while the criminals just keep laughing at us making their day.

We must control what is out of control.

Regards
DL

Created by the medical system that did not switch up to other drugs which would not cause addiction. It then let’s the patient down by by cutting off what it addicted him to.

Regards
DL

And the post I responded to blamed it on doctors for not continuing to prescribe opiates, not that they didn’t find viable alternatives

Any addiction is a hard nut to crack. I know 1st hand! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That and government crackdowns on opioid prescriptions, which physicians more freely dispensed in the ‘90’s, wanting effective pain relief for the chronically ill:

https://www.drugrehab.com/featured/opioid-epidemic-causes/

Me too.

1 Like

[quote=“Janet_Miller, post:8, topic:214851”]
That and government crackdowns on opioid prescriptions, which physicians more freely dispensed in the ‘90’s, wanting effective pain relief for the chronically ill:
It created a nation of addicts. That isnt effective pain relief, its borderline malpractice

1 Like

What’s the solution? Legalize stronger pain meds to keep addicts from heroin?

This medicine was available OTC at one time:

And? Doesn’t mean it was safe or an effective solution

We are born with addictive natures so it is nature that creates nations of addicts, but I agree that too many, including the medical professions have exacerbated the problems.

Regards
DL

No. Addiction happens after continued use.
To at least get rid of the physical addiction, a rotation of drugs, so experts say, is what is required.

If truly for pain control, addiction is better than living with pain.
Addicts tend to become addicts only when they use drugs for pleasure and not pain.

Regards
DL

1 Like

I take a libertarian view of what we ingest. Once a free citizen reaches the age of majority, I don’t think the government should be in a position to tell that citizen what he can ingest. Of course, with that comes full responsibility - social, employment, legal, financial - for any harm done under the influence. I see no point in allowing adults to consume some substances - alcohol, for example - and banning others.

Arguing from a disinterested POV however, since I don’t drink alcohol, use tobacco, use illegal drugs, and, if I lived in a state where recreational pot was legal, I wouldn’t use that either. I do have a real concern, however, for patients with real pain issues for whom opioids might offer the best relief.