Progs and Elon Musk

Why do progs hate Elon Musk? Why are they against him hosting SNL?

Appears to be solely because he is a billionaire from what I have read so far. We know they don’t hate all billionaires so it must be because he is a billionaire that hasn’t given them a lot of his money.

I keep seeing where they hate him, but not why.

The only reason I saw given was that he is a billionaire.

Well, for one…

He’s an annoying dweeb who is full of himself who scores of nerds are willing to go to bat for no reason at all.

There’s not much to like.

1 Like

Not just nerds. A guy who has consistently made money through government investment has been compared to Galt on this very board.

Fan boyism as its finest

I don’t care if he hosts Saturday night live and i think it’s a bit of an over reaction by the cast

1 Like

I’ll definitely be watching tonight !

Musk is brilliant.

He is also an egotistical ass, who thinks he is smarter then every one else.
Of course, he is very smart regarding many things.
He is also a dumbass on others.

On the same scale as Jobs, who was probably even a bigger ass.

I do not care that he is hosting…anything.

In response to the op the hate is silly and it’s not because he is a billionaire. It’s probably because of his mouth. He has gone on record to say things that show how he detached he is form society. He is the Gweneth Paltrow of billionaires. That may not make sense but it’s the best explanation imo. I don’t care about his personality :man_shrugging: But yea there is a certain visceral reaction towards him from people

True, he gets a lot of that government money.

Maybe because he doesn’t change diapers? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

“Well, babies are just eating and pooping machines, you know? Right now there’s not much I can do. Grimes (his girlfriend) has a much bigger role than me right now. When the kid gets older, there will be more of a role for me.”

The man did this country an amazing service by bringing down payload costs by a factor of ten. There is plenty to like.

Genius

1 Like

And, like Jobs…did not invent anything. He just put a bunch of technologies together that other people invented, a lot from government funded research, and created a new viable product.

That, is an amazing accomplishment.

But then to bash government, shows how stupid he can be.

You won’t be laughing when he starts actually building hyper loop systems.

So he improved on a technology, he did not invent.

Good for him. Glad we all could help.

ture lol oops

It’s not an amazing accomplishment though.

Americans handing out participation trophies to tech nerds for doing nothing.

There are a lot of things to not like about the bootstrapping, self made scion of an apartheid powered South African emerald mine is his pretense. There’s probably very few who have ever lived with less privilege.

Always tut tutting about government handouts while none of his companies would exist if not for massive government investment. His Covid responses. He’s kind of like a cross between Trump and Joe Rohan. Glibertarian dorks.

4 Likes

And yet another idea, he did not invent, he is improving it, to be more viable.

Again, a great accomplishment , if he pulls it off.

Didn’t invent anything? Surely you jest.