Problem Solved!: Trey Gowdy Joins the Impeachment Defense Team

Im with Trump on this one. I wouldnt give them anything until they hold a vote and the house votes to impeach him. Until then, all they have is a witch hunt.

Do the right thing the right way.

You are saying that the House should not be allowed to see evidence until they vote to impeach Donald Trump. But past votes to impeach (Nixon – in committee; Clinton) have always been based on evidence. How can argue that evidence should only be presented after you refer the matter to the Senate for a trial?

They have evidence. They have the whistle blowers complaint. If they want more, let them have the vote. Once they have the vote, and they succeed, they will have my support. Not until.

The reason they dont want the vote is because the majority of the country does not want impeachment. If they did, they would have the vote.

Do the right thing the right way.

1 Like

Not my type…I like short and curvy…about 5’1 130 and sign me up…:sunglasses:

Again – no Trump support will address Gowdy’s belief that information should be freely provided to House investigations.

Another deflection to an issue that has been argued in other threads.

Sigh.

I have serious doubts about her being hot. Remove all the foundation, make-up, fake hair as well as the bling her money buys and you may need to have beer goggles on to approach

One thing I have to hand to the left. You guys have been far more effective than the Right was with Obama. Going forward, I expect this type of thing to happen no matter who is elected. Some group will have their feelings hurt because they lost. This is going to be the new normal.

I have to say I do like Trey Gowdy and thought the fundamentalist gave him an unwarranted hard time over the Hillary investigation

Psst - It started with 5-years of Ken Starr investigations into Clinton and the results were acquittal of Clinton in the Senate and a few months later being cited for lying about a hummer in a civil suite.

Some in the GOP (my party) that think weaponizing impeachment is something new have only ourselves to blame.
.^^^^

2 Likes

So you are unable to discuss the current situation but keep coming up with deflections. Do you agree with Gowdy on providing evidence or not?

So you agree with him that Trump should cooperate fully with the investigation…

I made my position clear. What are you not understanding?

Looking good, here. Barely sweating. It’s progress.

Nice deflection again. None of this has to do with the 2016 election. It has to do with Trump’s conduct since. That’s pretty easy to see unless you’re a loyalist.

yup sure do i see nothing wrong with being transparent in things like this. I feel uncomfortable with all this talk harking back to Nixon because by doing so there is a rick of normalizing this type of “potentially” shady activities. Look the argument, with me at least, is the well worn adage that being if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide. I can see this going south for the dems so i say give them what they want.

anybody who really believes in the rule of law should feel the same

You have made your opinions about the impeachment process clear but you have not addressed the current issue: which is whether Trey Gowdy’s view that cooperation with House investigations is mandatory should be adopted by the Trump team now that Gowdy has joined Trump’s defense? And if not, why not?

That’s a fair answer. The interesting thing is if the people who have nothing to hide continue to insist on the necessity of hiding everything.

So again, just my thoughts, there is nothing to hide at all all the White House is doing is making the Dems run around in circulars and coming across as on a personal vendetta against the POTUS and when the Dems have done enough damage to themselves the WH will release everything and BAM! there will be nothing. Now let me just say I think the POTUS is a bit shady on many levels and by far is the least conservative i have seen but on this i think he is playing the Dems

1 Like

Do you think the Whistleblower who initiated the current matters was in league with President Trump in kicking this off?

Like somebody’s grandma. Seriously what’s up with him?

1 Like