Problem Solved!: Trey Gowdy Joins the Impeachment Defense Team

Former Republican Congressman Trey Gowdy has joined the Trump Impeachment team.

I am glad to see this. Consider what advice he will give the President.

In 2012 Gowdy said in Congress, “The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles.”

In 2011, Gowdy said in Congress, “The longer you remain silent, the longer you don’t turn over documents, a presumption begins to build that you’re withholding something. That’s human nature. That may not be a legal presumption, but that’s a common sense presumption.”

As a matter of principle, Gowdy is duty bound to advise Trump to reverse yesterday’s stance of refusing to provide documents or testimony.

This should move the impeachment inquiry to a speedy and satisfactory conclusion

5 Likes

From a media perspective, it’s hard to think of someone worse than Gowdy to try to withhold information from Congress.

I get your point, but I also have great faith in the Trump Administration finding ever greater depths to the bottom of the barrel.

4 Likes

The hypocrisy just gets deeper and deeper with the addition of Gowdy. (Who unfortunately shares the same last name with one of the greatest baseball announcers ever, Curt Gowdy.)

He’s joining the Trump legal team.

There is no impeachment, that’s fake news.

2 Likes

Yes… Could you imagine what the dems at CNN would be saying, if a Trumps Kid was on that board making 50K a month for nothing?

Complete hypocrisy!

1 Like

Interesting to watch the red wall around Trump start to crack.

Consider Martha McSally, who lost her Senate race in Arizona in 2018 as a staunch Trump ally who is running for Senate again.

Two weeks ago she attended a rally with Mike Pence and said the Whistleblower issue would reflect Trump, keep the Senate Republican and flip the House back to Republicans as well.

Yesterday, “This is not a joke. It’s not a game. And for our country going forward and the standards that we have related to this process, I take my role very seriously. And I think that’s what my constituents want me to do.”

Given the wavering appearing in the Senate, my advice is you really need to up your game as one of Trump’s defendants. When Republicans are not able to slough this off was “fake news”… well, to quote Roy Scheider’s great moment in Jaws – “We’re gonna need a bigger boat.”

1 Like

Once upon a time, Rudy Giuilani when asked what he thought about Gowdy and the Benghazi investigation: “He sure screwed that one up. You got four families that do not think that Trey Gowdy did his job.”

I guess that Gowdy thinks this is worth more then the nice paycheck he was getting from Fox News (who fired him today).
Trump sure does like them TV Lawyers.

1 Like

The 7 million Dollar Man

1 Like

They released the transcript there is no quid pro quo like you believed at the beginning…

But keep up the delusions…

And notice dems have no positive agenda…

2 Likes

As to your opinion regarding the quid pro quo, you might want to read the materials that are now available.

But to return to the focus of this thread which is Trey Gowdy and his firm position that materials requested by Congressional investigations should be released to those investigations.

So what do you think? Is Gowdy right and will Trump allow the investigation to go on? What other position could Gowdy advise Trump to take?

If you had a qid, you would post it. You don’t, so we both know there is none…

You mean like Trump’s daughter and son inlaw working in the White House? What are their qualifications to hold those positions?

Still avoiding the Gowdy matter I see.

The issue of the quid pro quo has been discussed in other threads… you are going to hold your position in the face of the evidence of course but keep to those threads, no reason to bore by repeating yourself here.

Here, the question do you agree with Gowdy on Congressional investigations or not? Grab your bat and take a swing at it.

1 Like

Are you kidding? Ivanka’s fashions are to DIE for!

1 Like

Can we assume that Gowdy has already looked into Pandora’s Box?

And she’s hawt.

I mean, if she wasn’t Donald’s daughter I’d date her.

:joy: pelosi is a joke. To bad liberals have nothing, I was hoping they would get trump this time.
How about the recent lies pocahontas just got caught in? Maybe pelosi should investigate that. :joy:

Interesting how not one Trump supporter has an opinion to offer on Gowdy… All that is being posted here are deflections. What does that tell us about how strong or weak their position is?

2 Likes