Pro life doesnt care about kids after the moment of birth

Why is it that when a pregnant woman is killed, it is considered a double homicide in some states, such as Oklahoma?

https://www.nrlc.org/federal/unbornvictims/statehomicidelaws092302/

Welcome to the world kid!

Here is a pair of bootstraps you gonna need emā€¦

Can you document how science has proven that life starts at conception?

Start with the essence of science: any hypothesis to be testable must be disprovable. There is no concept more basic to the scientific method. So, if your hypothesis is that life begins at conception, what are the conditions under which that statement can be disproven. In the absence of those conditions, there is no ability for scientists to test the hypothesis that life begins at conception.

If you donā€™t want to answer as a scientist, then please provide a list of peer reviewed journal articles that offer scientific demonstrations that life begins at conception. Preferably cite Science, Nature or JAMA ā€“ something that scientists would recognize as substantial.

Its not a false equivalency. Its THE LAW. What you think the term means is irrelevant. Try using the correct term if you are going to make a claim. Iā€™ll help you out, the word you are looking for is homicide.

And no there arenā€™t any states with outright bans, even backwards ass Alabama, you can still get an abortion there if a motherā€™s life is at risk.

So again. Abortion isnā€™t murder. Remember this ā€¦ unlawful, unlawful, unlawful repeat it 100x till you get what that means.

Because it was unlawful. This canā€™t be that confusingā€¦

When no one cares about a person, are you advocating that the person be killed?

Otherwiseā€¦ what is the point of your thread?

2 Likes

I get it. You can focus on one word and throw the rest to the wind. Moving on.

Since we are quoting dictionaries what makes a dictionary authoritative.

HuĀ·man beĀ·ing

noun

1. a man, woman, or child of the species ā– ā– ā– ā–  sapiens , distinguished from other animals by superior mental development, power of articulate speech, and upright stance.

This definition does not include ā€œfetusā€ as human being. I am sure you disagree so my question is not whether you disagree, but what is your basis for insisting that one definition is correct and another is not?

Because killing a mother and her unborn child is unlawful.

Sure. Iā€™ll provide several documents. This was just the first site that came up on a Google search, and there are many more if you dig deeper: Life Begins at Fertilization with the Embryo's Conception

https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/life-issues/when-human-life-begins

Glad we agree on something.

When that one word in the U.S code of law definition is the determining context of the word ā€¦ you bet.

Flaneheartā€¦ they are citing the law. They do that when they like the law. When they cannot debate on the basis of an inherent morality within humankind, they say (Paraphrasing) ā€¦ ā€œItā€™s the law. Period.ā€

But when they dont like the law, they say the law is unjust. They try to change the law.

Wait till Ginburgercheese is gone and replaced. The law will likely be changed to say ā€œitā€™s a state and local decisionā€ . Then libs suddenly wonā€™t like the law. Maybe we can have a discussion on this topic at that time.

1 Like

But removing a fetus isnā€™t unlawful is various different circumstances, thus it isnā€™t murder in those same circumstances.

Actually ā€œpro-forced birthā€

It is dishonest. I believe the term ā€œunlawfulā€ in his post points to whether it is condoned by the judiciary system- things such as capital punishment and the death penalty, would not be murder, since the person being killed has done (horrendous) acts that warrant it. Not whether it is against the law at the time- all killings of an innocent person, are against the law. Or so should be assumed.

I would love to have a discussion about it some time. :slight_smile:

@H_Arendt get back here and answer for your crimes.

Any biology text that addresses the question of life beginning at conception affirms that life indeed does begin at conception. Ditto any medical test. Ditto any embryology text.

And you will not find one that asserts to the contrary.

2 Likes

I enjoy watching people get angry at language when they misuse it. No, you donā€™t get to just make up new definitions for words. Sorry.

1 Like

These are powerfully stated opinion pieces, but they are not science. Science requires falsifiability and there is nothing but a set of stated opinions here.

Consensus of Medical Doctors agree that life begins a conceptionā€¦ you can make that statement, but that is different than stating science proves the point.