Prince Philip has died at 99

Prince Philip who was married to Queen Elizabeth for 73 years has died.

Sadly the Queen will not to get to write her husband a letter to celebrate turning 100 (The Queen write everyone in the commonwealth a letter on their 100th birthday).

Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh and husband of Queen Elizabeth, died today at 99. He was the longest-serving royal consort in British history.

His death, announced by Buckingham Palace, came more than three-and-a-half years after Philip formally stepped back from public life, a retreat that had been happening gradually for several years.

He had quite a few health issues the past few years. May he rest in peace.
I saw this morning that his service will be for the family only due to Covid.
And the Queen issued a request that folks do not gather in front of the palace.
He served his country well.

I feel for the Queen, she loved that idiot with all her heart since she was 15.

Yes. It has always struct me as rather funny how Royals are groomed for marriage. So I was glad to see that Harry chose love over position. However I was also sad to see how the two of them have been treated because she is not a Royal and not British. And as much as I hate to say it, I don’t think her heritage as helped her.

Years ago I read a article about how the Princeton business school used Prince Philip’s info to apply for credit cards. And although at the time they could list that he was worth $15M every card declined the application due to lack of credit history.

British upper class is a hellhole of ■■■■■■■■■
Harry was smart to leave, unlike his brother he has no forced role.

73 years is one hell of a lasting marriage.

Their marriage was almost as old as my grandparents are in terms of age. My granddad was four years old when Queen Elizabeth II and Phillip got married.

1 Like

Thirty more years than mine. But then, I didn’t get married until I was 30.

1 Like

I was six months old when they got married.

Marrying a prince is not a fairy tale where they live. Happily ever after. :unamused: