Preview of Bolton's book

Is it now time to change the defense to… yes, he did it, so what? It’s not technically illegal?

6 Likes

Hmmm…Its still going to be really interesting when they vote on witnesses. Romney said he wants witnesses. Murkowski and Collins have said the same. If a few republican senators decide they are for it, it will happen.

Pretty bold of Bolton to allow that leak during the trial. Dude really must want to spill the beans.

I have no faith in “I’m deeply concerned” Collins, but I have hopes for Romney and Murkowski. Don’t know who else they’d get though. Certainly not Gardner.

Remember remember
This coming November
That Ukraine extortion and plot

I know of no reason
Donald’s corrupting malfeasance
Should ever be forgot!

4 Likes

His term for the Giuliani effort was “a drug deal.” You don’t use the term if you like what’s going on.

3 Likes

We’re getting closer. In fact, that was the “defense” Mulvaney used, and it’s probably they one they should have gone with. Except Trump NEVER admits wrongdoing, especially with his “perfect” call.

He’s offered to testify for weeks now. Basically told the Senate, take me up on my offer or else.

I’ve always said they should have gone with the Mulvaney Defense (“Get over it”) but instead they went with the “Perfect Call” defense- which was super stupid. That defense has been unravelling for a long while and now it is completely unspooled.

3 Likes

How does this affect the White House defense? This has to make it more difficult to claim that Trump didn’t order a hold on the aid.
They can still put Dersh out there but other parts of the defense may have holes in it because of this.
If enough Senators are ready to say they will vote to call Bolton, maybe they should drop their defense and save it for after the witnesses.

They may have waited too long.

Wow the GOP senate is gonna be in panic mode now. They desperately need those fence sitting GOP “Mutineers” not to vote to allow witnesses. They are going to apply ALL the pressure now. No campaign money, support for anyone primarying them, loss of any ability to rise in the Senate, etc. They will be blackballed. Those mutineers must be freaking out right now.

They did. Bolton stuck the knife in at the exact right moment The Trump defense has already unfurled their argument (Trump did nothing!!)

This is like Comey releasing his notes to get a special prosecutor. Have fun ignoring this GOP.

That’s already being employed. Fewer Trump supporters are denying it happened, more of them are downshifting into “Not a crime/But Biden/So What?”

Bolton is clearly lying.

1 Like

Worth noting that Bolton sent drafts to the whitehouse for clearance last week.

So you can see how they’ve focused their messaging on him and blocking witnesses since they’ve known what was coming.

1 Like

Disgruntled ex-employee who has an axe to grind because Trump is not enough of a war hawk…

Wait for it…

7 Likes

The end result is the same- acquittal. What will never be the same is history. We now have multiple accounts of Trump’s abuse of power- this one coming from a cabinet member. Trump may even win the presidency again because his Base doesn’t care. But history will forever give the true account that includes Bolton’s indirect testimony.

2 Likes

I do enjoy how Bolton sidestepped Trump’s “Executive privilege” card. Poof!

3 Likes