President Trump turns up the heat against the media after bombs sent

Donald Trump is Hollywood. He has his own star on Walk of Fame.

I am to assume you are lumping him in as well?

Was that the same panel where Bill Kristol called Trump a Demogogue…I thought that was constructive and helpful political rhetoric…

Last night Chris Matthews, another very civil and open minded member of the punditry class, spent an hour on his show blaming Donald Trump for the undefined actions of an unidentified crazy person.

I notice the person who started this thread latched on to one comment by the president and ignored other comments by the President…Trump Condemns Violence After Pipe Bombs Sent to Democrats, CNN - WSJ

"MOSINEE, Wis.—President Trump on Wednesday condemned political violence and called for a more civil political discourse, while also blaming the news media for “negative and false attacks.”

“No nation can succeed that tolerates violence or the threat of violence as a method of political intimidation,” Mr. Trump said at a rally in Mosinee, Wis., after a day in which law-enforcement officials found bombs mailed to prominent Democrats, including Hillary Clinton, and to CNN. He said the nation must “stop treating political opponents as being morally defective” and cease “the language of moral condemnation.”

“No one should carelessly compare political opponents to historical villains,” he added."

I’m to a point where I have very little use for the punditry class…but really truly wouldn’t this be a good time for everyone to follow Ari Fleischer’s advice on Martha McCallum’s show last night. He was on a panel with Richard Goodstein, a complete fool in my humble opinion…Fleischer simply suggested this would be a good time for everyone to shut up while the authorities figure out who is responsible and then to prosecute that person to the fullest extent of the law.

I’m watching Steve Scalise on TV right now…The man who almost died after being shot by a Bernie Sanders supporter. He was asked “do you blame Bernie?”, his one word answer was “NO.” I don’t remember the screams that Bernie Sanders was responsible for the attempted massacre by that lunatic who was literally hunting for Republicans.

There are extremist idiots on both sides of the aisle, Republicans have ours, Dems you certainly have yours, and they’ve been on display bigtime over the last month. Maybe it’s time to stop letting the crazies define our politics, maybe it’s time to recognize that we as responsible Americans who enjoy life in a free country don’t need some politician to tell us what to think, as a conservative life long Republican who voted for President Trump and have been mostly pretty happy with the way life is going in America during his presidency, I don’t need Donald Trump or anybody else to tell me what to think. I’ll make my own decisions thank you very much.

Here’s a fun idea…Let’s find out who the world’s worst bomb maker (I say that since none of the bombs actually went off), arrest that person or persons make a case and prosecute that person. It would be wrong to blame Bernie Sanders and the Dem’s for almost killing Steve Scalise, it’s just as wrong to blame Donald Trump for the undefined actions of an unidentified person mailing out unexploded bombs …

Wouldn’t it be nice to get the facts first folks?

Please focus on the topic, not on me.

You’re all in on the false flag thing, huh?

All started in 2016 huh?? Yeah that seems right.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia last night. “Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

And it didn’t start with him either.

I support Brennan’s security clearance being removed. That was the right decision.

Bernie Sanders wasn’t cheering the idea of his supporters assaulting or shooting Republicans days before Scalise was shot.

Donald Trump openly encouraged his supporters to assault protesters. He said he would pay their legal fees. He called members of the press who report the truth about him “enemies of the people”. He laughed about a member of the press being assaulted by a Republican Congressman.

I am focusing on the topic. In now way has anything I have posted not been about the argument and the attempts to distract. This tactic that is being taken right now is in my opinion another attempt to distract.

I get it.

Anything to deflect from the President’s failure to properly address the fact that pipe bombs are being sent to his political rivals must be deflected from.

Even Maxine was so emboldened by the press that she said SHE would “take out” Trump.

And the crowd cheered.

1 Like

The way that I know that a liberal made up this bomb hoax is the fact that none of the bombs were capable of working. If a conservative created the bombs, they would have all gone off. Conservatives don’t play around. Liberals couldn’t build a working bomb if they downloaded the instructions off the Internet.

You do realize that he was quoting a movie… right?

Blaming one party without realize there are those on both sides that are responsible is disingenuous. And if you’d actually read my thread, you would know I said that.

But, by all means, keep blaming only one side if you wish.

Yeah, a big part of the dimocrat/media response has been the old “well trump didn’t say this the way we want him to say it, so it’s not good enough”.

Same thing they did with his Charlottesville response(s).

The thing about Charlottesville was that on one side there were actual real life Nazis… who are the good people who would willingly march with Nazis.

Where is the intellectual integrity of the left? When Anerica was attacked in 911, the left was all over the idea that maybe we brought it on ourselves and that we should reflect on how bad we are.

But I don’t see that same thinking here. And yet it is certainly as valid as it was in the aftermath of 911.

No. Im in on the lets find out who did it before making up our minds and then throwing the bum in jail thing.

Well, we can’t let things like facts get in the way…lol

I didn’t blame one party and I’m not saying you did either. I am pointing out that you’re suggesting something major changed after 2016, and I’m pointing out it was happening before 2016 and from the top on down.

T o pretend otherwise is ridiculous.

When a significant portion of the right responded to the mass murder of kindergartners by claiming it was either perpetrated by the government or didn’t happen at all, it really should have been taken as a warning sign of how far gone some of these folks are. And it’s just gotten worse in the years since. Now, pretty much every incident that is seen as possibly having negative connotations for the right or their interests like the NRA is part of some deep state plot.

And there’s the reason why that won’t work. If we’re waiting on Donald to step up and lead on this issue, regardless of how anyone else behaves, we’ve already lost. Donald is reactive.

1 Like