President Trump’s Lies - List Them Here

I had the most electoral votes since Reagan.

That was corrected in real time, which embarrassed him so much that he hasn’t had a press conference since.

The most recent one, in which he told evangelicals he repealed the Johnson amendment.

There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.

1 Like

And OP will never be seen again on this thread.

I think my all time favorite was that healthcare plan he had ready to go on day one. Here we are a year and a half later and…

The post listing trump lies would be too long for this forum probably - bet a mod would frown on it running for pages and pages.

“believe me”

1 Like

Honestly, the easiest way to tell if Trump is lying is to check to see if his mouth is in motion…

Just think how many lies it would be if we count all the voices in his head.

1 Like

I’ve thought a lot about Trump’s lie regarding his net worth (he says ~ 11 Billion, Forbes/Fortune say 3.5 Billion).

I think that’s pretty decent way to evaluate some of what he says. Besides the flat out lies, just take what he says and cut it down to a third.

This thread didn’t take long to get fun.

I think the ops screen id is a pretty big misnomer.

“No Melania… you are the only one for me”

1 Like

Can’t find the old thread, of course, which had things more carefully documented and cited. My favorite kind of Trump lie is the type where he says something in public and on tape:

1. “Knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise.”
  1. Donald Trump: There’s many different ways, by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, “No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private.” But—

Scott Pelley: Universal healthcare?

Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

Donald Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably—

Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Donald Trump: — the government’s gonna pay for it.

“As far as single payer, it works in Canada. It works incredibly well in Scotland.”

And then denies it:

1. “I didn’t say that. I haven’t looked at it yet, and nobody’s asked me to pay for fees. I never said I was going to pay for fees.”
  1. Cruz: “Donald, true or false, you’ve said the government should pay for everyone’s health care.”
    Trump: “That’s false.”
    Cruz: “But you’ve never stood on this debate stage and says it works great in Canada and Scotland and we should do it here?”
    Trump’: “No, I did not. No I did not.”

He’s done this innumerable times, and I don’t know of any other politicians–except maybe Newt Gingrich, once or twice–who do this sort of thing. Trump does it regularly.

By way of comparison, it would be as if Barack Obama came out and insisted that he never claimed that people could keep their doctors if they liked their doctors.

But my single favorite lie told by Trump is this one, which he repeated in various forms during the campaign to bolster his ■■■■■■■■ claim that he opposed the Iraq war from the beginning and before the war started.

“I’ve said it loud and clear. I was visited by people from the White House asking me to sort of could I be silenced because I seem to get a disproportionate amount of publicity. I mean I was very strong: ‘You’re going to destabilize the Middle East.’”

“You know, when they went into Iraq, Bush people sent a delegation to see me because I was very vocal about the war in Iraq.

I said going into Iraq—that was in 2003, you can check it out, check out—I’ll give you 25 different stories. In fact, a delegation was sent to my office to see me because I was so vocal about it.

In some versions, which are more elaborate, he claims the WH sought his advice on Iraq (I had a longer quote on the old forum, about this delegation coming to Trump Tower from the White House to seek his council before the war).

There is no public record of him fighting at all before the invasion. He fabricated those 25 stories he promised about him “fighting hard.” They do not exist.

And Of course, there are no records or any evidence at all that this “delegation” happened, and everyone queried from the Bush administration has said: Uh, no. And in any case, we know it’s ■■■■■■■■ because Trump himself said, explicitly: “I was a private citizen, whose personal opinions on such matters was not sought.”

1 Like

Honestly, it’s just be easier to post things Trump told the truth about.

I’ve got exactly one: “I’ve never asked for forgiveness.”

1 Like

Yeah, where did he go?

What’s interesting is how many times all this has to be trotted out. It’s as if Trumpists keep hoping that eventually people will forget.

“Uh, so what lies has Donald told? Because I don’t remember any.”

It’s meta-gaslighting. It’s demented.

1 Like

There’s no point actually listing lies here. OP won’t be back and doesn’t care anyway.

1 Like

So many keys to this–the first of which he talks about and cops to in his own ■■■■■■■ book.

But here’s another infamous case that remains so revealing: the time Trump was actually under oath and had to admit lying 30 times:

The lawyers confronted the mogul with his past statements — and with his company’s internal documents, which often showed those statements had been incorrect or invented. The lawyers were relentless. Trump, the bigger-than-life mogul, was vulnerable — cornered, out-prepared and under oath.

Thirty times, they caught him.

Trump had misstated sales at his condo buildings. Inflated the price of membership at one of his golf clubs. Overstated the depth of his past debts and the number of his employees.

That deposition — 170 transcribed pages — offers extraordinary insights into Trump’s relationship with the truth. Trump’s falsehoods were unstrategic — needless, highly specific, easy to disprove. When caught, Trump sometimes blamed others for the error or explained that the untrue thing really was true, in his mind, because he saw the situation more positively than others did.

Link

Let’s highlight this for the fifteenth million time here:

needless, highly specific, easy to disprove.
1 Like