President Trump Rubs ABC News Nose in Fake Footage

Famous black folk all look the same to them?

Seems plausible.

1 Like

I get it. They’re both black and all, so it’s understandable that Fox would make this mistake when others might not. But, if they’d just hire conscientious video editors…

Clearly, we’ve learned from this thread that an apology is insufficient.

Maybe if they got an intern or something to watch a few hours of BET…

1 Like

So they aired the correct footage of civilians being bombed?

Unnecessarily harsh towards President Trump.

:put_litter_in_its_place:

I don’t know if ABC did that knowingly or not, but either way, it doesn’t make the slaughter in Syria any less real. As an example of “fake news”, it kinda misses the mark.

It’s kinda gross that Trump is using that mistake to imply there is nothing going on in Syria.

Gross is a good way to put it.

What up with Fake News ABC for running that photo anyway? The footage first aired on “World News Tonight” last week as Fake News Anchor Tom Llamas claimed it showed a Turkish attack on a group of Kurdish civilians in a Syrian border. Thank you CNN for chastising your Fake News Brother for losing to the public.

On a more positive note…

On Saturday the fragile truce was holding along the border, with a few Turkish military vehicles crossing the border, Reuters journalists at the scene said. In the last 36 hours, there have been 14 “provocative attacks” from Syria, Turkey’s defense ministry said.

Esper said that the ceasefire in northeastern Syria was generally holding.

“I think overall the ceasefire generally seems to be holding, we see a stabilization of the lines, if you will, on the ground, and we do get reports of intermittent fires, this and that, that doesn’t surprise me necessarily,” he added.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2019/10/20/all-us-troops-withdrawing-from-syria-expected-to-go-to-western-iraq-pentagon-chief/

:hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

The edit of the crowd showed that the footage was knowingly aired falsely.

I hope President Trump mentions it at EVERY rally and press event when he calls on the ABC representative. he should only back off after they report the results and actions of the so-called internal investigation.

Trump can dog Stephanopolous mercilessly with this.

:boxing_glove:

2 Likes

And, Present Trump should.

1 Like

Is there any fake news on the wire today. Or, is it slow fake news Monday?

I have not seen anything. Might have to check bright bart.

:tv:

Interesting that CNN (CNN staffers bash network’s liberal bias, Jeff Zucker goes after Trump in new, secret recordings | Fox News) chief legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin apologized on Monday for covering former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server after a probe revealed dozens of people were responsible for hundreds of security violations, which Toobin described as “no big deal."

Sounds like someone has fake news remorse :smile:

1 Like

Last I seen libs were ragging about Trump pointing his middle finger at astronauts.

We keep seeing posts of how this is described as a mistake and ABC corrected it.

As far as it being “corrected”, that was done by others…ABC just had no way to deny it.

As far as it being a mistake, the one organization that can show that it was indeed a mistake is ABC, by showing exactly how the mistake was made. Its been several days so there should be no problem there. Can someone link to the statement by ABC that explains how this mistake was made, so that we can see how it really was a mistake?
I mean, somebody had to make a really bad mistake somewhere. Who was it and how did they do it?

2 Likes

What makes you think ABC news needs to give that level of detail? No one died or was put in danger by posting that video.

Because they might want to retain some fragment of credibility, even if they have to lie to do it.

2 Likes

How many thousands of news articles get posted by abc news? This video (not the reporting) is fake. So that is what? 99.98% accuracy?

We need them to detail to you the accident over a rare event that killed or harmed no one? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

If they reported that video was of the Turk incursion into Syria, then yes, the reporting was fake. Even CNN agrees with me that ABC owes not only an apology but also an explanation.