President elect...tear down this wall

It hasn’t.
Joe will perpetuate Obama’s illegal DACA EO. This comes directly from joebiden.com

• Protect Dreamers and their families. The Obama-Biden Administration created DACA in 2012 to protect “Dreamers,” undocumented immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children, obeyed the law once here, and stayed in school or enlisted in the military. DACA provided young people who passed a background check and application process with temporary work permits and protection from deportation. The Trump Administration made the cruel and counterproductive decision to terminate DACA, throwing into turmoil the lives of millions of Dreamers. Dreamers and their parents should have a roadmap to citizenship through legislative immigration reform. But in the meantime, Biden will remove the uncertainty for Dreamers by reinstating the DACA program, and he will explore all legal options to protect their families from inhumane separation. Biden will also ensure Dreamers are eligible for federal student aid (loans, Pell grants) and are included in his proposals to provide access to community college without debt and invest in HBCU/Hispanic Serving Institution/Minority Serving Institutions, which will help Dreamers contribute even more to our economy.

"Responding in October 2010 to demands that he implement immigration reforms unilaterally, Obama declared, “I am not king. I can’t do these things just by myself.” In March 2011, he said that with “respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case.” In May 2011, he acknowledged that he couldn’t “just bypass Congress and change the (immigration) law myself. … That’s not how a democracy works.”

And then he proceded to do just that.

3 Likes

Then the first ones we need to kick out is Melonia’s family. Chain migration is how they got here.

1 Like

How about we start by kicking out the ones who have committed crimes since they got here? And who the ■■■■ is Melonia?

1 Like

Will Mexico be refunded their money then ? :slightly_frowning_face:

Sorry, my bad. Melania. And should everybody that chained in here be sent home, or just those after her family?

Sure, get rid of all the chain immigrants, after you guys kick out all the illegal murderers and rapists. They’re a bigger threat.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see after Biden is sworn in if the caravans from Central America start up again.

3 Likes

Difference between capitalist countries and communism, capitalists have to build walls to keep people out, communists need them to keep people in.

2 Likes

Reagan wasn’t for border walls, but he was for border security. We don’t need a huge wall to have border security.
The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled at least a couple of times that the funding of the huge wall by the Trump Administration is illegal. Link
The Constitution exclusively gives the Legislation Branch of Government the power of the purse.
When Biden becomes President, he will stop the illegal construction of Trump’s wall. Link

Agreed…it would be the worst case of financial waste to put all this money into the wall only to tear it down.

It is what it is.

Instead of speculating about what Biden will or will not do, why don’t we just read what his plans are:

https://buildbackbetter.com

It says his four priorities are Covid, economic recovery, social justice and climate change.

I don’t see any mention of tearing down the border wall.

That’s already being done…no need to impose libs draconian authoritative laws for sake of forcing yourself on free people.

Social justice…what’s that? Forcing yourself on people?

Fake science again? To use as excuse to impose yourself on free people.

Just pointing out that it appears he has no plans to tear down the border wall.