Prayer March in Washington Today

WASHINGTON — About 55,000 people said they planned to attend the 2020 Prayer March on the National Mall Saturday.

Didn’t see this posted. Not a lot on it in the media.

I know a couple of people who went. They said no arrests, nothing burning, no trash left on the ground.

Imagine that.

7 Likes

Looks like a pretty good crowd.

Looks more like a ■■■■■■■■ march to me. Why would anyone want to live under theocracy?

Just out of idle curiosity, what do you feel this march has to do with “THEOCRACY!!!”?

50,000 Americans exercised their individual 1st Amendment rights today and no love?

No looting or arson. Libs aren’t interested.

3 Likes

That’s disappointing.

Neither are cons…

Untrue. Fox is reporting on it.

A day devoted to praying for the healing of the country. Thank you Rev.Graham.
I would be curious if persons of ALL faiths attended.

2 Likes

Peaceful marches/demonstration doesn’t create headlines.

Until those that are destroying our cities, our business etc understand that they’re being played to line the pockets that they suppose to be demonstrating against realize this…they will always be suckers. And yes that include BLM IMO.

It’s an interesting experiment. Awaiting the results, if any, of all those prayers for their intended objectives.

the media only reports on such gatherings if the cause aligns with their agenda

At least in this thread the prayer march is interesting insofar as it means to rather rag on ‘libs’, the media, the blm, etc.

If you want to down on all that you don’t have to exploit a prayer march to do so. If you’re interested in the prayer march then talk about the prayer march.

1 Like

Well if I don’t know any better it seems some here are upset that you can have 50 thousand people or so without any violence.

Weird world we are living in.

1 Like

So people shouldn’t be free to practice religion in public spaces any more? Any other parts of the first amendment, or any other amendments you’d like to get rid of?

1 Like

Jesus said:

And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Matt 6:5

4 Likes

Who is upset?

It’s weird that some here are impressed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-22/millions-gather-for-women-s-march-none-arrested

No one was arrested in Seattle, where at least 120,000 people marched from Judkins Park to Seattle Center. No one was arrested in Chicago, where 250,000 demonstrators shut down parts of the Loop. No one was arrested in New York City, where 400,000 people took to Fifth Avenue to give President Trump what-for in his own hometown. No one was arrested in Los Angeles, site of the largest assembly in the country—750,000 demonstrators. And no one was arrested in the nation’s capital, where half a million joined together to affirm their rights and defy the president who had been inaugurated 24 hours earlier

1 Like

Of course no one was arrested…

Geez, look how peaceful they were. Did General Tso’s Sickeness show up to crash the party?

1 Like