Post election speculation - GOP

Hypothetical: Trump loses the 2020 election.

Given that hypothetical, consider the impact on the Republican Party. What do you hope happens, and (if different) what do you realistically expect?

I’ll offer my own position later if requested, wanted to put the question out there first to see what kind of responses get posted.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Off-Topic Slop from Various Threads +fd

There’s only one scenario here, the GOP will be fully taken over by the Qanon bat ■■■■ crazy types and it will take at least one generation for the GOP to reform itself.

1 Like

i think it depends on the margin of defeat.
if its a biden landslide you will see a massive GOP bloodletting as a lot of trump lackeys get botted from the inner core of teh party

if its close i dont think much changes

3 Likes

I think the GOP will face an existential delimna such as they did in 2012, but on a much greater scale. They will need to decide whether they want to focus their time on the portion of the nation that is steeped in Trumpism - which will substantially limit the amount of votes they will receive. If, instead, they want to be a relevant party that actually gets enough votes to win offices on an national scale, they will need to determine ways they can appeal to a wider array of voters.

Keep in mind there are voters out there like myself who they have pissed off enough with the antics of the last 4 years that it’s already going to be difficult to get us back. If they decide to go the latter route, it’s probably going to take some time for them to make a comeback.

3 Likes

As always, I will support a Republican in 2024 who holds opinions closest to mine. Hopefully that will be someone with views similar to Trump but without the personality flaws. By 2024, I would expect many voters to recognize the mistake they made in 2020, under the OP scenario.

1 Like

I so love it…drive those hopes up libs.

I have this sneaky suspicion you guys will suffer a hard defeat this time around. :sunglasses:

1 Like

He only won the last time by 77,000 votes in three states. All of which he’s currently losing BIGLY!

Okay.

2 Likes

Shhhh!! Let them keep their fantasy. It will give them more time to enjoy the waning days of the Trump White House - and will make November 4th all that much better. :wink:

Mod Note

Stop trolling

The GOP did not pay that much attention to the 2012 autopsy. And while they won the WH in 2016, they have certainly suffered the loss of a lot of seats at the state level. The Trump win in 2016 did show a level of support for his America first policy and his drain the swamp philosophy might be the basis for someone in 2024. A lot will depend on how good a job Biden/Harris does in the next four years.

And last time he actually listened to people smarter than he is, which is not hard to be smarter them him. He played it well playing the MAGA as America currently sucks because of GOP and then weak Dem doing nothing but roll over. This type Trump is trying to win the election running the the FAR FAR right and has gone all crazy. What is sad really is that there is still many people that support him. I use to think people here on this forum that supported GOP where just right wingers. Turns out most that support Trump have zero conservative values at all.

Depends on what Trump does.

If he demands Rs to support him or Jr or Ivanka in 2024, they’ll all jump in line. No questions asked.

Yea the GOP have made their party into party of sheep over last 40 years, making people lack critical thinking and telling them that they are only ones who are smart.

Guy next door to me is Trump Bobble head. He will argue with me on areas I am a expert on, Nuclear Reactors and Computer Programming, both of which I have degrees in and worked in. He keeps arguing with me that Reactor Plant few miles from us is leaking radiation because he can see steam from cooling towers, even though that not steam at all but condensation and is about 2-3 levels of isolation from the actually reactor vessel coolant water.

Trump didn’t appoint Conservative orginalist judges to bench? Or secure our borders? Massive cuts in regulations? Cut taxes? Pulling troops out of foreign countries? Ended the authoritarian nature of Obamacare/democratcare?

Trump a New York democrat done more for Conservatism then any so call Conservative presidents in long time.

2 Likes

That’s a really pathetic statement. So every Republican will be measured against Trump from now on as they were measured against Reagan in my youth? Yikes.

Republicans created Trump…it was their inaction is sole reason why Trump beat out those so-called Conservatives.

Oh…I bet you all though the Bush’s were Conservative. That’s so cute.

2 Likes

Oh lord. I feel sorry for you.

Sean did as well, until it was politically advantageous not to.

1 Like