Portugal doesn't want any more immigration!

…kind of like voting for Brandon…amirite? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

By the way, our government is now pressuring countries to get rid of their “golden visas”. Seems they don’t want to let any wealthy Americans get away.

You should probably look into the history of Europe. While you are at it you can probably look starting this year and the difference between how ukranian refugees are being treated versus Syrian refugees

1 Like

Any day now that fault line in California is going to sort out all of our nation’s problems for us. Containment should be the strategy. :wink:

2 Likes

Likely well-earned. lol

1 Like

Now?

Nah.

To help fund Bush’s ambitious tax cut plan, the US Senate is currently reviewing the possibility of repealing Section 911 of its internal revenue code, a bill first enacted in 1926 to exempt the first $80,000 income tax for Americans who work overseas.

You are not wrong

the guy in Poland went

“Oh it’s so nice to see educated refugees”.

I can’t find the exact quote but that’s the sum and substance of it.

I’ve met a few Syrians. They’re ■■■■■■■ stupid. :rofl:

1 Like

That doesn’t appear to be pressuring other countries to entirely do away with their golden visas.

It’s not. I re-read your post. It was more about rich expats and what this country has tried to do to them.

They started taxing them back in 66

I think you mentioned wanting to be an expat before. I nerd out sometimes reading those websites written by expats answering questions how it would be to move to other countries. Fun reads.

I may eventually be a former continental expat lol. Hawaiiiiii. It’s great for when i will eventually be senior citizen Everyone goes to sleep at 9 and is up at 6 am

I’ve got Panama on my retirement radar.

Farm fresh eggs were $0.50 a dozen earlier this year. National currency is USD.

1 Like

That and Costa Rica are exceptionally popular.

1 Like

My point is, this admin is working to end that option for us.

1 Like

Huh? Those are US visas. US issues those not other countries

You said pressuring other countries. What in the what now?

1 Like

They are using the same rationale to go after other countries golden visa, see the second link I added.

1 Like

You have at most three years left if you want into the EU on a golden visa.

from US, EU shutting door on ‘golden passports’ -- PM – iWitness News

Further, the European Union has passed a law giving countries three years to phase out the programme or face visa requirements for all its passport holders, Gonsalves said.

I won’t be allowed to move too far from my grandchildren and stay married so my game plan is…lots of acreage…a locked gate at the road…surrounded by fencing…a very, very long driveway, a house that you can’t see from the road, with no trespassing signs posted, a large pond loaded with fish and some dogs that don’t like strangers. Yeah…that’s me. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Yeah this has to do with Russian oligarchs but yes others will be affected

It has to do with Eastern European countries becoming a haven.

The EU resolution says they have until 2025 to phase it out. There is zero evidence that American government has anything to do with this. Especially since eu passed the resolution while American congress is going may be we will may be won’t like virgins on prom night.

Don’t forget the electricity and barbed wire. I am kidding.

Better?