Portugal doesn't want any more immigration!

I found this quite an interesting read:

6 Likes

Yep sounds about right.

1 Like

Meh. You reap what you sow.

Portugal emerged from the financial crisis of the mid-2000s as one of the European Union’s poorest nations. With the economy in shambles, Lisbon lawmakers drafted immigration laws to aggressively court foreign professionals, from the wealthy, who could essentially buy residency by purchasing land, to remote workers, who could secure a path to citizenship by earning money abroad but spending it here. More recently, the nation, which for the last seven years has hosted the Web Summit tech conference, has fashioned itself as a tax haven for cryptocurrency investors.

Nobody on Earth wants Californians moving anywhere near them. :rofl:

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that Portugal was built on racism.

Nobody likes infestations of transplants.

3 Likes

Unless when you actively encourage their presence and then get buyers remorse.

They shut down the program, must have actually met some of them.

1 Like

An old buddy of mine just retired to Portugal.

He loves it.

I don’t think that he is what they were looking to attract… but it is what they got.

Maybe we can create a colony for Leftists in Antarctica?

6 Likes

Leftist Americans would be considered on the Right in Europe.

Who told you that?

This is nothing new. Californians have been leaving for lower cost areas and engendering resentment since at least the 90’s when they went to Oregon and Portland and Arizona. In the 2000’s it was Colorado and in the last 10 - 15 years Idaho and now Texas. California traffic doesn’t seem to be any less, however.

Definitely would be less global warming talk if that happened.

1 Like

Yep. The elite had an open door immigration policy to bring in more money to the government and themselves. The people of Portugal have belatedly realized that an immigration policy not geared to benefit the lives of the people needs to stop.
I hope they are not too late.
Where can they move to?

TV Man…

2 Likes

Californians seem to do that wherever they move to.

1 Like

The first thing they would do is ban fossil fuel and raise taxes. :wink:

It’s the story of life that I’ve noticed for years where a group ruins one area, move to another, learned absolutely nothing regarding their wrong doing because they’re so ■■■■■■■ arrogant and then attempt to turn their new home into the disaster they left behind. All I can say is, stay off of my lawn. It’s just the way I like it. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass: :+1: :wink:

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Look how much good they did for Austin, Texas! Oh…wait… :thinking: :rofl: :wink:

3 Likes