Pompeo and Lavrov: Competing Narrative

Sure…making it a federal crime to abuse your animals is a good thing…
When he leaves office America will be better for it.

See two

If anybody has just shut up and paid even the slightest of attention or learned anything, what diplomats say in public and what is said or done when cameras are off or behind closed doors are likely to be two different things.

Really? Ok then…“what about you”? You never said a damn thing about President Obama and his handling of Russian interference when it was appropriate that he do so? Why is that? Never mind though…it was a rhetorical question?

Pretty much the entire history of US/Russian relations for the last sixty years shows otherwise.

I didn’t think Obama pushed back hard enough when Russia annexed Crimea and said so at the time. I also thought he turned to congress at the time and they abdicated their responsibility.

On our soil while standing right next to their counterpart?

Anytime, anywhere.

When? Where?

I’m not going to recapitulate the entire sixty plus years of Soviet/Russia US relations since the end of WWII.

It has always been routine when at odds over major issues for them to play to their home audience.

For a leader to be perceived as weak in Russia is to pretty well guarantee that leader will be removed, dead or alive.

One time that a Russian diplomat showed a lack of respect to the US or cabinet member while on American soil? Not to mention the cabinet member was standing right next to him.

According to your claim and someone of your vast length of experience it shouldn’t be that hard.