Poll: 73% of Republicans blame 'left-wing protesters' for Jan. 6 attack. Wut?

They have a security picture of the guy who placed the bombs. Wearing a ski mask or hoodie or something, you cannot see his face at all. There can be little doubt that a massive effort has been made to identify him. Let’s not forget, one bomb was placed near both party’s local headquarters.

That seems pretty sweet. Aside from living in D.C., that is. The humidity would kill me.

You should get some confirmation of that poll here.

You won’t find one liberal on here who will argue that Russia physically changed the results of the 2016 election.

You will find people here who will argue that the results of the 2020 election were physically changed and that Jan 6th was Antifa…… so there is that.

5 Likes

Because Groundhog Day

It was never even at issue.

1 Like

The right doesn’t have a monopoly on partisan hacks. Second figure down.

I wonder how this 2018 poll would have gone if we knew then about his campaign manager passing off inside information directly to Russian intelligence

3 Likes

Here’s the deal - a large percentage of the Trump folks are living in an alternate reality. I became a Republican towards the end of the Reagan presidency as I was moving towards adulthood. Back then, the GOP was a party you could be proud to associate with - a party that trended towards actual conservative ideas.

Something happened to the GOP during the Obama presidency. Fringe elements began taking over the party - elements that had ideas that the rest of us just scratched our heads at and shook our heads in bewilderment.

Unfortunately, in 2015 / 2016, that fringe element did a hostile takeover of the GOP, and it has gone completely downhill since. The GOP that exists now largely lives in a different reality than the majority of the nation. This all resulted in them losing all 3 branches of the government by the end of Trump’s term. The 73% mentioned in the poll in the OP largely believe Trump’s big lie about a “stolen election.”

So long as that element of the party stays in control, the GOP will likely remain a largely regional party going forward. It largely represents a fringe element of the nation now. I pretty much separated myself from the GOP in 2016, as it became clear it was becoming irredeemable. But, that’s the reality we are dealing with in 2021 - we have a fringe element of the population that has managed to take over one of the major political parties. I suspect the next few years are going to be quite rocky.

4 Likes

Butwhatabout!!! doesn’t justify it.

1 Like

The pipe bomber left the bombs on evening of January 5 long before there were any crowds. There is zero evidence that he/she was a Trump supporter.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pipe-bombs-found-at-dnc-rnc-headquarters-placed-the-night-before-capitol-riot-fbi-says/ar-BB1ddvUM

The FBI offered a reward and released two short video clips and some photos. Given all the video surveillance cameras around the Capitol it hard to believe that they do not have a lot more video, which could include the bomber entering or leaving a building, vehicle, interacting with other people, etc.

The powerless are referring to average people who made small donations to legal defense funds. The fund records were hacked and mainstream “journalists” used the hacked records to go to people’s homes to harass them. Read the Greenwald link for details.

Greenwald and Jimmy Dore had an interesting discussion on the abysmal state of American journalism. Both are left of center; Dore is a Bernie supporter so they have no great love for Trump. They both recognize that mainstream journalists have lost all credibility and sold out to corporate interests. (Contains R-rated language. See conversation starting at 7:50 for how they act as bullies against the powerless while kissing up to the FBI/CIA/Silicon Valley, etc.)

Tell me another fairy tale.

Political I’m about as far from a lib as one can get yet, I’m called a lib constantly here not because of any actual political beliefs. But because I recognized trump is a ■■■■■■■ disgusting conman around 2018.

■■■■ that I can even begin to rationalize has just been accepted by trumpys. I voted for him in 2016 because I viewed a lot of the attacks on him at the time as dumb and saw it as a 3rd party vote in a way.

But it became obvious that was a mistake. Like I swear trumpys are just unable or unwilling to admit they made a mistake. They are out here supporting someone who openly funneled tens of millions of tax payer gov money into his own businesses after acting like they cared about this type of corruption. There are endless examples of such blatant hypocrisy that I actually find it revolting on this viceral level that is hard to even explain.

It is absolutely disgusting that someone can go infront of an audience make these claims about Obamas golfing, vacation, gov corruption, cronyism and then behave as trump did in office.

It showed such an absolute lack of anything resembling any sort of integrity, honestly or any sort of human deceny. But apparently finding that revolting is TDS.

I guess the the cec propaganda was so ingrained that boomers actually think Dems have also behaved like that or something. Only rational I can come up with that even begins to excuse it in my mind. Still imagine acting like Clinton foundation and Obama golfing at military bases bothers you but directly funneling government money into your own properties is totally acceptable :rofl:

And having an issue with that is TDS :clown_face:

6 Likes

Want to know a secret?

It’s insanely easy to drop a bomb and escape. Only reason the Boston marathon bombers were caught was total retardation on their part and they still almost got away.

Now add in everyone wearing masks and a giant mob of people to escape in and it becomes impossible to not get away.

Luckily no one seems to care enough to exploit this, plus making good bombs is hard.

If you think it is hard to sit down in a massive crowd and “lose” a backpack with no one caring I don’t know what to say.

Now tell me when have you ever supported one conservative or conservative idea? It always seems really funny when all you so called true conservatives have never meant a conservative or conservative idea that you supported.

Well said. :clap:

1 Like

Wokeys and trumpy style conservatives are two sides of the same coin atm, both obsessed with black white thinking, have total inability to set aside personal bias to evaluate a situation, self victimization on a ridiculous level and total inability to accept any personal responsibility. On top of both also taking difference in opinions as a personal attack treating that as literal evil. And if reality conflicts with their views resort to conspiracy and fantasy.

I’m far more right wing on gun rights, border control, gov regulation on enterprise that doesn’t effect the country, acting like a male athletes dont have an advantage in women sports, cancel culture, simplification of the legal system, in 2015 I’d have said logical thinking over feels but trumpism destroyed that one.

Conservatism has become a joke thanks to trumpism. The brand is toxic to anyone under 35ish not indoctrinated with cec propaganda.

What side is against private prisons? Not really sure what that is part.

1 Like

You have all the leftist talking points down.

Such as? :rofl: What is a leftist talking point? I really have no clue what you are referring too

Oh and I’m super pro pipeline, nuclear power and utilization of national natural resources in a responsible way that benifits the country. Profits from it should be nationalized and benifit the actual areas effected though. Should be a community decision maybe not exactly sure the best way to go about it yet.

I’m really trying to figure this out, what is a leftist talking point?

What is factual inaccurate in that you take issue with?