Politics in the next 4 Years

NY and NJ. I wonder what’s there?

1. Why FEMA? Where does this stuff come from?Why do you think Washington would do it better?

2. Done. All over the internet.

3. States have already done this. CDC has already given them the guidelines. Why do you think Washington would do it better?

4. Is this a terrorist attack? And actually that is not completely accurate. States still have multiple responsibilities in those events as well. In a hurricane, who issues the mandates? Why do you think Washington would do it better?

Please explain to me why you think any of this is better managed from Washington than Austin or Sacramento.

Agreed, but that is not why.

1- Because FEMA is the FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGMENT. This is a Emergency. Its what they are dessigned to do.
2- No it hasnt. There are guidlines all over the internet. Some states have put guidlines attached to those metrics. Others use other metrics. They are not universal. They are not tied to actions.
3- Because statesare political motiviated. VA and FL have roughly the same positive rates. IN FL that means open schools, open all reasturants and bars, allow fans in stadiums. Most restrictions gone,Crisis over. in VA it means phase 3, schools hybrid, bars close, reasturants 50%.
4- It is a emergency. I answered why it would be better.

Biden will not make a difference in the virus results in the next 4 years.

Science may, but given what the threat is, I doubt it. Science may be able to get the fatality count down to 100k a year if we do out part.

If Biden wins and they insist on taxing and regulating, I believe it will greatly damage the economy.

I don’t believe we’ve seen the worst of the economy and I don’t know how long the government can prop it up.

1 Like

It’s satire to point out that the Admin has not done enough and now the TP is that nothing can be done. It’s a ridiculous TP to make, and therefore I will poke fun at it.

Everyone who condemns and criticizes the Trump administration for the Covid “response”:

1. Called closing the borders xenophobic and racist.
  2. Suggested it was ok for citizens to “come to China towne”.
  3. Part of the Obama administration that did not re-stock the national Emergency Resources depots after the Swine Flu epidemic depleted PPE and other materials leaving America with nothing to protect health care workers.
  4. Continue to advance this “plan” for success that remarkably sounds like what is under way now!
1 Like

What does our part entail?

1. Is it a federal emergency or 50 state emergencies? Does FEMA take over in states when they deploy? Who manages the response? Who is the IC?

2. Yes it has. CDC.

3. And the central government isn’t? Come on.

4. Yes it is. Is it the same emergency? By that logic Hawaii should have the same burn ban as California.

1 Like

What can be done has and is being done. If Biden wins, you will realize that.

You have gone off track.
1-Yes - It is a NATIONAL emergency. We are more then 50 independent states.
2- No it has not. You are just wrong. Please post a single link that has a national metric system that automticly kicks off certain actions on certain metrics. Hell - Name a couple without a link.
3- Washington is a city. Not a person or a identiy. Agencys such as FEMA have shown many times they can operate independtly of politics.
4- Hawaii and CA sould have the same burn ban IF the metrics are the same. But they are not the same. Saying somethign like “There should be no in person schooling anywhere coummunity spread is over 8% for 14 days in a row” or “In person schooling is required for anyplace that has under 2% comunity spread for 14 days in a row” is different then “ALL schools must be remote” or “All schools must be in person”. yet still applies nationally.

This thread is not yet another bitch session about Trump’s COVID response. Discussion of it is valid in the context of what will change over the next 4 years given a different “plan”.

Please stay on topic.

Asked and answered. I have given you what a plan will look like.

You not liking the answer doesnt make it off topic or not answered.

CDC guidelines are published. Are you saying to make them mandatory?

Ok fine. And why do you feel this will change the results?

Im saying there should be direction action that happens automaticly when those metrics are hit that all states follow.

“Automatically” how? How do you make it “automatic” from Washington?

That was ignorant. You know exactly what I mean. You want me to type “central government” every single time? Fine.

Trump should have supported and modeled CDC guidelines instead of one day giving them lip-service, and the next day arguing against their efficacy.

1 Like

Why do “all the states” need to follow it automatically? Do all states have the same demographics?