Police Murdering Blacks, can we put this to rest now?

Probably much the same as they did in combat. Police are not warriors and with very few excptions are very rarely exposed to those stresses so they lack the foundation and conditioning to react in the same way.

I’m fortunate to have known real warriors from as far back as the Spanish American War era all the way to our current conflicts. Quite a few could not handle it and lost their minds, became addicts/alcoholics etc after returning home never learned to reconnect with their prior selves.

The majority though coped just fine and moved on having exceptionally productive lives.

Also served with men who had first seen combat in Korea and pretty well every conflict that followed . Most of the NCO’s I knew early in my career began their careers in Vietnam and I served into the 90’s. I know a great many of the post 9-11 soldiers as well.

In many ways the latest generation has had a much easier time reconnecting with their civilian lives due to improved conditions, training, and counseling being available in the modern era and I have yet to meet more than a handful who haven’t made the readjustment well.

My own family has had at least one member in each generation serving all the way back to the colonial era and I was fortunate to know some of them in my youth going all the way back to the S/A war, two who served in WWII and five who served in WWII, both grandfathers and three great uncles.

I’m lucky I guess, it’s in my DNA to be able to succeed in both worlds since all of them did or I wouldn’t have ever been born.

It’s indicated by the return arrow next to your name at the upper right of his post.

That means they just felt scared in a lot of cases.

Amazing, isn’t it? I couldn’t believe someone even wrote that.

It is only your opinion that it is my opinion, but the facts are on my side.

There doesn’t have to be a conviction for a murder to have occurred.

The excessive and illegal force the officer used, for such an insane reason, he just went too far, that is what led to the death of that black man. The officer escalated instead of deescalating what was such a petty crime. The officer went after him like he was in the process of hacking someone to death.

It may have take 5 years but the officer finally got sacked, for good reason, and I hope the family brings civil suit against him and they take him for everything he has.

We could put this to rest, but then who would all the great white libs be great and white to?

2 Likes

verb (used with object), stran·gled, stran·gling.

to kill by squeezing the throat in order to compress the windpipe and prevent the intake of air, as with the hands or a tightly drawn cord.

Wrong.

Of course they are. :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

They most certainly are.

Case in point was the Eric Garner killing by police and the fellow officers who conspired to cover it up and did what they could to make justice be delayed and denied.

That would be a rare exception rather than the rule you seem to be arguing for.

Broad brushing is almost always wrong.

Except the part where the author of the study admits that the data is not complete:

“The data doesn’t indicate which shootings are justified (the vast majority) and which are cold-blooded murder (not many, but some). And maybe that would vary by race. I don’t know, but I doubt it,” Mr. Moskos wrote on his blog.

stran·gle

/ˈstraNGɡəl/

verb

1. squeeze or constrict the neck of (a person or animal),

Eric Garner was most certainly being strangled, by the very definition of the word. And there was also a dog pile of other cops on top of him.

And that man is no longer alive as a result of having his breathing constricted.

1 Like

Apparently it was Eric Garner’s fault that an overzealous cop, who had a prior history of abusing people he believed to be perps, confronted him while he (Garner) was not in the act of committing a violent crime, forced him to the ground, with 6-7 other cops piling on top of him, and then left him there without medical care for an extended amount of time.

Good lord.

1 Like

Eric Garner committed suicide by FAT!

The Cops were just trying to save him.

1 Like

But it is not a rare exception.

There is no broad brushing.

It actually is rare.

Except, often, conan’s replys have nothing to do with the post he’s quoting.

You were not conversing with Conan there. But that’s beside the point. I was just informing you as how to trace a member’s comment back to the post they were responding to. A simple thank you would do.

I know how it works. But some posters, like those on their phones, have difficulty seeing the arrow reference. That’s why I believe it’s more polite to post a copy of what you’re replying to, it avoids ‘‘confusion’’.