Police fun facts. Enjoy!

They’re taught to do it.

I would hope everyone have that good experience. But just because you are lucky to have good cops in your town, doesn’t mean it is true every where. Also, just because the cops are nice to you, doesn’t make him a good cop to others.

This was in the 90s.

But I think Body cams are great and a good help in major cases, like someone getting shot, or that army LT getting harrassed. But a cop being an ■■■■■■■■■ mean, you have to really have time on your hands to pursue somethign like that…I just don’t think it gets done.

When dealing with a traffic accident?

No, that’s not true.

It’s hard to find any info to support this. In my upper middle class burb people would throw a fit. Do you have any info?

Absolutely not. Police are public servants. Abusing the public should NEVER be tolerated.

It’s definitely not optimal to keep inventing more and more ways to make criminals out of the population. I say we start with eliminating victimless acts as crimes.

1 Like

And yet the radio station you’re citing gave no evidence.

The 3% was generated by them rounding up the 750,000 law enforcement officers and rounding down the number of banned officers, the bulk of whom had their certification stripped from them by state regulators. The numbers are low to begin with because there is no data from California and five other states. They only have data from 44 states even though the number of law enforcement officers is from all 50 states.

The database in question includes 200,000 investigations of alleged police misconduct with 110,000 Internal Affair Investigations. The findings include:

• Most misconduct involves routine infractions, but the records reveal tens of thousands of cases of serious misconduct and abuse. They include 22,924 investigations of officers using excessive force, 3,145 allegations of rape, child molestation and other sexual misconduct and 2,307 cases of domestic violence by officers.
  • Dishonesty is a frequent problem. The records document at least 2,227 instances of perjury, tampering with evidence or witnesses or falsifying reports. There were 418 reports of officers obstructing investigations, most often when they or someone they knew were targets.
  • Less than 10% of officers in most police forces get investigated for misconduct. Yet some officers are consistently under investigation. Nearly 2,500 have been investigated on 10 or more charges. Twenty faced 100 or more allegations yet kept their badge for years.

Quoted from Tarnished Brass: We found 85,000 cops who’ve been investigated for misconduct. Now you can read their records. From Police misconduct: Discipline records for thousands of cops uncovered (usatoday.com) retrieved on 6/28/2021.

1 Like

I agree.

Do you mean like “stop or I’ll shoot!”? :wink:

1 Like

The FBI keeps stats. That may be a good place to go. The left doesn’t cite the actual figures. I’m guessing they would if it supported their agenda.

When making contact with a potential perp.

:rofl: That’s strange, no link?

I wasn’t a perp. My car got hit by a chick who drove off the road.

We’re all potential perps.

Not everything has a link. Most of my neighbors prefer sunny days to blizzards. I have no link for that either.

1 Like

It’s a wonder then that cops don’t just go around shooting people at random …

Someone in a traffic accident isn’t a potential perp.

Of course we are.

You have to admit, “only three percent commit abuse of force” sounds a lot like “those are the ones that police departments will admit violated the rules.”

1 Like