Police draw guns on black teens and detain them - For the crime of being assaulted while black

Black guy killing a white kid is most certainly race related.

Same goes for the other way around.

It’s nearly impossible to separate race out of interracial crimes. By their very nature race is involved. And society reacts differently to interracial crime than it does to intraracial crime.

1 Like

They’ll do it to either one of us.

Indeed. And what changed it?

BLM, BLM, BLM! Just another example of white privilege.

Police procedures are written down. They are trained in academies to written standards.

Show it to me in the system.

Inherent? Perhaps as a result of Blue Privilege. What it is not is racism.

Any adult killing a child, is screwed up.

I read the story, and I do not recall anything racial.
Do you have more info?

Disagree with your assessment. Race is absolutely part of it.

Part of what? Have you seen actual footage of this entire incident yet? Have a link?

Daniel Shaver disagrees. So do the 25 white unarmed people killed by police in 2019.

There were 14 unarmed black people killed.

It’s not racism.

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Slop from Various Threads +fd

The referenced article does not state the race of the homeless man who may/may not have been the aggressor. In your belief system, does the race of the homeless man have anything to do with whether race was a factor? Suppose the homeless man was black. Would assuming that the homeless man was the aggressor have also been racism?

Another selected act of violence with a black victim, with a much more significant outcome.

Which deserves the more outrage?

Well, considering I have yet to see any evidence the people who were detained weren’t the perpetrators in this one yet…

I watched the video. The multiple witnesses described the situation.

Witnesses lie sometimes. Or are mistaken. In any case, what matters is what the cops saw, not what people there before them saw.

I watched it too. What those people are screaming has no bearing.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem there’s much to investigate. From your own article.

From video and social media posts about the incident, it appears the deputies mistook the unarmed teens as the aggressors and held them at gunpoint while several bystanders tried to tell them that the boys were the victims.

Nothing to indicate it had anything at all to do with race much less your claim of, " For the crime of being assaulted while black".

They responded to a violent assault, not the least bit surprising they’d approach with guns drawn.

Facts don’t matter anymore, when in doubt scream “racism” despite the facts.

You really expect them to lower their guard and their weapons based on what “bystanders” are shouting in this environment?

Walk a mile in those officer’s shoes sometime.

The math is not on their side nor is it their strong suit.