Please put down the fork and spoon and back away from the plate maam

That’s how I lost the weight, went from eating until full to eating until I was no longer hungry. Not a good idea to eat like a teen boy when you are over fifty.

3 Likes

Obviously there’s more food where the fatties are. :wink:

Doesn’t mean it’s the conservatives in those states who are fat.

If liberal areas are generally slimmer than conservative areas, i am inclined to say that there’s a bit of a pattern there.

Obviously it doesn’t mean that all conservatives or even most conservatives are heavy. Just more so, perhaps.

What groups are the fattest? And how do those groups vote?

I suspect that has something to do with that, OTOH states like IA and IN are very white and they’re up there. NY state much less white than both and it’s markedly better.

So you think whites are the fatter group?

1 Like

Never said that. But you also gotta factor in the fact that whites still make up a sizeable majority of population and not all blacks and hispanics are liberals, correct ? Hispanics especially you can’t make that assumption, of late.

Who does the fattest group of all vote for by wide margins?

1 Like

West Virginia, which usually leads the US in obesity rates, sometimes takes it on the chin in these discussions.

In their defense, biscuits and gravy is awesome.

2 Likes

All good stuff.

I have always been active, but in my 40’s I put on extra weight. I started going to the gym more often, really worked the cardio…I got into better shape, but did not lose much weight.

Changed my eating habits, by what I ate, how how often I ate…in about 5 months, I dropped 40 lbs.

It is the food…qty, and quality.

3 Likes

Actually, it is not partisan at all, it is cultural. Traditional Southern/Appalachian diets don’t lend themselves to a healthy lifestyle.

1 Like

A function of poverty/culture. For example, in much of West Virginia (and eastern Kentucky) two liter soda bottles and soda cans are an unofficial currency. Heavy soda consumption and the consumption of the cheapest “foods” available are very common in the region.

I agree this is one area there should be complete unanimity on eating, exercising and avoid being obese. I can’t imagine how these kids are eating this much to get that big. We had one morbidly obese kid in our class and he really did have a medical condition with his thyroid

1 Like

Democrat.

But if you want a truly fair comparison, you’d probably want to compare two states with similar demographics such as maybe IN and CO.

Remember, black people don’t make up a great percentage of overall population.

Colorado is self selected outdoor enthusiasts.

Poverty is a pretty good indicator

In Europe and Latin America, cereal mascots are banned.

Mexico just seized thousands of boxes of various Kellogg’s cereals for violation of the law.

Mexican Lucky Charms. No “Lucky the Leprechaun.” No games or other child friendly features allowed on the box.

Some countries have gone farther, limiting images of the cereal and the use of colors, fonts and anything else that could make the package visually attractive to children.

More than a few cons came on to this very forum in 2010 and heckled Obama and her let’s move campaign to fight childhood obeisity . MBS at its finest.

Allan

2 Likes