PLAN B: Bernie Sanders Says Felons Should Be Allowed to Vote from Prisons in US Elections

Originally published at: PLAN B: Bernie Sanders Says Felons Should Be Allowed to Vote from Prisons in US Elections | Sean Hannity

Vermont Senator and Democratic presidential front-runner Bernie Sanders urged state officials across the country to allow imprisoned felons to vote in national elections over the weekend; saying it’s “absolutely the direction we should go.

Sanders was speaking with supporters in Iowa Saturday when he was asked if the imprisoned should be allowed to cast their ballot while serving their jail sentences.

“While Iowa struggles on whether to restore voting rights to felons who have completed their prison sentences, Sen. Bernie Sanders said people convicted of felonies should never lose access to the ballot box in the first place,” writes the Des Moines Register.

“I think that is absolutely the direction we should go,” said Sanders, whose home-state of Vermont and Maine are the only two states in the country to allow incarcerated individuals to vote from behind bars.

“In my state, what we do is separate. You’re paying a price, you committed a crime, you’re in jail. That’s bad,” he said. “But you’re still living in American society and you have a right to vote. I believe in that, yes, I do.”

Read the full report here.