Pittsburgh shooter blamed Jews for "migrant caravan"

You don’t think she carries weight at the Tree of Life?

It just might.

So now our not going with the just sharing an opinion mantra?

Makeup your mind.

She doesn’t make the decisions anymore. As for now:

Rabbi Jeffrey Myers, who was leading services at the Tree of Life Synagogue during Saturday’s shooting, told CNN’s “New Day” Monday morning that, “the President of the United States is always welcome.”

“I’m a citizen. He’s my president. He is certainly welcome,” Myers said.

You posted it only because it supported your opinion. There are, as usual, two sides to every issue.

it might not. The current head says he is welcome.

Former is just that, former. She has an opinion just like everyone else, but it holds no more weight than anyone elses.

When did I say there was not another side? You guys are comedy; I am sorry she makes you so angry.

And I have no doubt he would like to chat with Trump; anyone should take that opportunity if they have a cause they could affect.

So people that are elected president at the Tree of Life obviously “hold no more weight than anyone else”, when representing their member’s views… yea… that makes sense.

So we agree that it might or might not?

She doesn’t make me angry. She has her opinion and some people disagree with it, including the current rabbi.

He pointed to a 60 Minutes interview with Steve Kroft which, of course, he misunderstood.

And this entire line of argumentation is a deflection anyway…away from the fact that a right winger murdered Jews because he thought Jews were behind the caravan…and he cited Gaetz’ tweet as part of that.

You sure went from I’m just throwing her opinion out there to defending her position as if it’s the only one that matters, when shown there are others who feel differently even within the leadership.

There are always going to be some people who will put politics before anything else. The current rabbi seems to be the kind that may not personally like the guy but understands he is the President and will afford him the respect the office deserves when it comes to the unfortunates circumstance they all find themselves in. He may at that time find some way to have a civil discussion about any disagreements and work to a solution instead of giving him a big ■■■■ you I’m not even going to allow you to come here because he is on the other side politically.

Goes to my constant point about how you can no longer have discussions with certain people anymore.

There’s no two ways around the fact that the spark was an overtly racist “invasion” hoax that the President, Republicans, and Republican pundits helped to spread, and they were doing to try and boost Republican chances for the upcoming midterm election. People who don’t want to acknowledge that fact can piss and moan and hand wave all they want, but that’s the reality. Racist political fiction spread by the President, Republicans, and their media all amplified it and it pushed this person to act on it.

5 Likes

Nah, your statement that her opinion "holds no more weight than anyone else”, is objectively false, just calling it out.

you’d fit in well in my liberal PC culture thread. This is exactly what needs to be said all day, every day, by everyone in the media.

Every single person who talked about and pushed the “invasion” idea was either complicit or negligent in not knowing the dangerous game they were playing.

It’s not like “invasion” is even a new concept. White supremacists have been whipsawing people around with “invasion” talk for a long time.

Indeed. as I said in that thread, at minimum they need to be censured but really they need to be impeached/recalled and removed from office. If they had any integrity they would resign, but they’re not whole humans anymore so they won’t do that.

I just wish someone could have stopped (((Soros))) before he got all these people killed.

If reading right wing communities is any indicator, there are still a lot of Trump supporters out there who are convinced this is a all a Deep State operation and the three domestic terror attacks are the “October Surprise” to make them look bad.

Not quite grasping the material. Or, reality.

1 Like

yes, and many of them are probably saddling up at the Bundy ranch to defend American Freeberty from the lib jew cabal of migrant gays…

It’s not false. If you want to go with ‘who has more clout’ argument, the current president holds more than the former.

But that is not what my post was about even though your’s may have been.

Comparing the current and past president does not represent "anyone else”, try again.