PermaDrooling: The Official Unofficial Trial of Paul Manafort Thread

Not guilty on 17 counts, hung jury on one. He’s gonna go free!!!

My prediction.

Now that would make some good tv which is all I want

2 Likes

:rofl:

One of my favorites! :clap:

I think the title of this thread should now be changed to “Fifty Shades of Doubt.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d prefer “So Much For Infrastructure Week”.
.>>>>

2 Likes

This trial has nothing to do with Trump. In fact, Manafort would never have been on the campaign if not for the intelligence agencies keeping quiet about what they knew about Manafort.

As far as Manafort having some deep secret about the Trump campaign, he would have already traded that by now if such had existed. Even if found guilty, he has nothing for Mueller.

The jury is trying to decide which charges he is guilty of beyond a reasonable doubt. That’s all there is to it.

Crazy Uncle Newt:

Nobody should underestimate how much Paul Manafort did to really help Trump

Criminals tend to enjoy the company of other criminals.

It is now widely established that the Trump campaign was loaded with criminals. In fact, there has not been a campaign that harbored more anti-American criminals in history.

Which ones do you think will face charges of treason?

Will they pay the ultimate price for their crimes against America?

And he would never have had that chance to help if the FBI and Intelligence Agencies hadn’t set on information, for some reason that needs to be looked into.

Nothing is ever Trump’s fault. He’s the real victim in all this.

1 Like

I’m going to guess that he will be convicted on some of the counts but not all of them. Seems very likely we will hear the verdict later today.

Campaign vetting is supposed to find what the FBI already knew and set on?

You’re closest so far. 17 guilty, one hung.

We all knew who Manafort was. Don’t pretend this is some sort of super secretive information.

1 Like

I’m guessing guilty on the big one, tax evasion. But that’s just a guess and without having all the facts the jury had.
The question I would have as a juror is why the prosecution was letting the obvious crook plea to get the less obvious crook found guilty.

Manafort’s history helping pro-Russian actors in Ukraine and authoritarians in other locations was very, very, very public knowledge.

1 Like

Yes, it was, until sometime in August when the extent of his current Russian dealings were released.

The Russia hate didn’t come until after Hillary lost. Even today, he is not charged with doing anything illegal in those dealings, just hiding the income from the treasury.

Manafort must have some serious Jedi power to be able to overwhelm the instincts of the best people picker on the planet.