Pentagon tells White House our military will not be politicized

Which we all know Trump is attempting to do. He wants every part of government in his back pocket and the military is powerful entity in our country.

I’m glad there are still adults in the Pentagon who see the massive danger in making the people’s military a political pawn (as other countries have done). This isn’t the Middle East.

Pentagon is Deep State libs who want to prevent Trump from MAGA!

Trump will use/trash everything he needs to protect Trump. I’m glad military leadership isn’t falling for his MAGA crap to enrich himself.

1 Like

“Secretary (Patrick) Shanahan directed his chief of staff to speak with the White House military office and reaffirm his mandate that the Department of Defense will not be politicized,” Lieutenant Colonel Joe Buccino, a Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement.

“The chief of staff reported that he did reinforce this message,” Buccino said.

This is good news in that I agree…our military should not be politicized and Trump didn’t pick a “yes man” in Shanahan.

1 Like

Good to hear.

He didn’t pick a “Yes man” with Mattis, and look how that turned out.

4 Likes

That’s just a farce. The military has always been political. The decisions of where to send troops, who to attack, who our allies, what rules of war to follow, and what things count as acceptable goals are political. They’ve always been politicized. We have presidential candidates that run on supporting a military action or opposing one. That right there is politicizing the military.

@johnrandolph Maybe you’d agree with me on this.

1 Like

It could never be any other way.

1 Like

You mean like giving out Campaign hat to active duty soldiers in Iraq for a photo op?

Link to him passing them out?

You think “Make America Great” hat on the the checklist of what to pack when you are deployed to Iraq?

The military is inherently politicized.

It is more likely that they just went to the local bazaar on post and had one made. You can get just about anything made, just like the patches the Navy crew had on.

1 Like

War is simply politics by other means.

Simply isn’t true at all.

Sure it is.

1 Like

No its not.

I spent 22 years in uniform and our military has been politicized since its inception. It takes a act of congress to declare war on another country, what’s congress made up of?
Vietnam and Korea were both WARS regardless of what some morons try to tell you, both started with a handful of politicians and a end run around congress calling them police actions and are the biggest examples of this country’s military being politicized. At the end of the day it all falls under the UCMJ and they will follow the chain of command no matter what anybody says, ended up in the DB at Ft. Leavenworth isn’t where anyone wants to be.
It’s a blanket statement basically saying “don’t drag us into your pissing match”, just like Mueller did.

Yes, it is.

The 11th Commandment is “Thou shalt not ever hold Trump accountable.”

1 Like