Originally published at: PENTAGON: Iran May be Plotting More Attacks Against US Interests in the Middle East | Sean Hannity
Secretary of Defense Mark Esper warned America this week that the Iranian regime could be plotting more attacks against United States’ interests in the Middle East following a surprise attack on the US Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq.
“The game has changed,” said Esper. “We’re prepared to do what is necessary to defend our personnel and our interests and our partners in the region.”
“We’ll take it day by day,” when asked if the Pentagon planned on deploying additional troops to the region.
Read the full report at the Associated Press.
Original Story: December 31, 2019
A crowd of dozens of Iran-backed protesters stormed the US embassy in Baghdad Tuesday; crashing a gate while chanting “Down, Down USA!” in response to American airstrikes targeting militants in the region.
“Iran killed an American contractor, wounding many. We strongly responded, and always will. Now Iran is orchestrating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq. They will be held fully responsible. In addition, we expect Iraq to use its forces to protect the Embassy, and so notified!” posted President Trump on Twitter.
Iran killed an American contractor, wounding many. We strongly responded, and always will. Now Iran is orchestrating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq. They will be held fully responsible. In addition, we expect Iraq to use its forces to protect the Embassy, and so notified!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 31, 2019
“The embassy attack, one of the worst in recent memory, followed deadly U.S. airstrikes on Sunday that killed 25 fighters of the Iran-backed group, the Kataeb Hezbollah. The U.S. military said the airstrikes were in retaliation for last week’s killing of an American contractor in a rocket attack on an Iraqi military base that it had blamed on the militia,” reports Fox News.
Read the full report here.
Source: Fox News