Pentagon IG Faults Trump for ISIS Resurrection

The Pentagon’s Inspector General dropped a report blaming Trump specifically for a resurgence in ISIS with fighters now estimated to be between 14,000 - 18,000 in Iraq and Syria. The IG cites the announced and enacted removal of US forces and diplomatic staff have contributed to instability that ISIS feeds upon. ISIS is transitioning to an insurgency and acquiring financial capital through a variety of criminal activity.

Ugh, I fear this resurgence may result in some ugly things. I hope not.

Yeah…yeah…let’s spend more money “we” don’t have…to never fix a problem that’s gone on for thousands of years…amirite? :sunglasses:

Why would the Pentagon want to endorse more wars? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm…:sunglasses:

I thought trump defeated Isis his first day in office?

Yeah, yeah…and Islam is the “religion of peace” too…amirite? :sunglasses:

The truth is, Islam is NOT the religion of peace and when one ISIS fighter dies, somewhere else on this planet, there’s another Muslim waiting to take their place.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1182387197066039298?s=20

Yes- the Pentagon must me mistaken.

Another broken promise.

1 Like

Kinda makes all the sacrifices pointless…

Is it the Pentagon’s IG mission to advocate for more war? Is the IG wrong about the resurgence? Is the IG fabricating the resurgence?

We are swimming in money ever since those tax cuts

If…“we” leave…they will be back. Do you want to send more of our young men there to die and if so…why? What will be fixed…permanently?

To be litigious the Caliphate is 100% gone. ISIS, no. So there is some cover unless the ain is saying ISIS is gone.

Yeah…that’s the problem. If Trump hadn’t done that, “we” would all be perfectly happy and content…amirite? :sunglasses:

Nearly all religions call themselves a religion of peace. Nearly all religions have behaved in ways that contradict that idea.

Islam does have a problem…but it is due to cultural and economic conditions, coupled with religion being part of governments. Separate them, and empower women…and Islam in the ME, would be very much like it is in the USA.

Keep in mind, many in conservative circles advocate for their religion to be more involved with our governments, state and federal We know that is not good, yet, some still want it.

They were not there before. ISIS wasn’t a thing until after ‘we’ went there in the first place. Its sad state of affairs that to learn this lesson took creating the problems in the first place.

This all a separate question from whether you think the Pentagon is lying and just wants war or if you believe ISIS is a threat to US interests. The US applied force to roll up ISIS and successfully did so. Now that success is threatened along with the waste of resources that would ultimately be if the gains were not protected. Which is what the IG is highlighting. Or was fighting ISIS itself the actual waste?

If you move against the establishment position of the US as world policeman, you are going to face some flak. Ask Gabbard.

You would think of all topics ISIS would be one of the last areas they would attack the president on, considering the previous one said they were of little threat a JV team of sorts which went on to kill over 100,000 people, commit genocide and take over territory the size of Britain.

Since then they have lost all territory, leader killed and hide in the desert. Bad topic to attack Trump on.

1 Like

I agree with you…completely.

ISIS was there but…Saddam was more of a ruthless, cold, heartless murderer than they were so…they remained hidden in the shadows.