Pence, Pompeo Announce New Turkey-Syria Cease Fire Agreement

Originally published at: Pence, Pompeo Announce New Turkey-Syria Cease Fire Agreement | Sean Hannity

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Vice President Mike Pence announced a joint agreement with Turkey that will end violence against Kurds in northern Syria; a move President Trump hailed as a “great day for civilization.”

“The deal is for a 120-hour cease-fire, during which time the Kurdish-led forces could pull back from the roughly 20-mile wide safe zone on the Turkish-Syrian border. All Turkish military operations under the recent offensive known as Operation Peace Spring will pause during that time, and the operation itself will come to an end entirely upon the completion of the Kurdish withdrawal, under the terms of the deal,” reports Fox News.

“This is a great day for civilization,” Trump tweeted after the announcement. “I am proud of the United States for sticking by me in following a necessary, but somewhat unconventional, path. People have been trying to make this ‘Deal’ for many years. Millions of lives will be saved. Congratulations to ALL!”

This is a great day for civilization. I am proud of the United States for sticking by me in following a necessary, but somewhat unconventional, path. People have been trying to make this “Deal” for many years. Millions of lives will be saved. Congratulations to ALL!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2019

“Turkey and the United States agree on the priority of respecting vulnerable human life, human rights, and particularly the protection of religious and ethnic communities in the region,” the vice president added.

Read the full report at Fox News.