PELOSI VS PROGRESSIVES: Nancy Says Party ‘NOT EVEN CLOSE’ to Impeaching President Trump

Originally published at: PELOSI VS PROGRESSIVES: Nancy Says Party ‘NOT EVEN CLOSE’ to Impeaching President Trump | Sean Hannity

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi continued to defy calls from far-left Democrats to impeach President Trump this week; saying her caucus is “not even close” to removing the Commander-in-Chief from office.

“It’s not even close in our caucus,” said Pelosi Tuesday. “Why are we speculating on hypotheticals?”

“It’s not off the table,” the speaker said, before adding, “I don’t think you should impeach for political reasons and I don’t think you should not impeach for political reasons.”

“It’s not about politics,” Pelosi said. “It’s not about Democrats and Republicans. It’s not about partisanship. It’s about patriotism to our country.”

Pelosi says impeachment is "not off the table."

"It's not about politics," she says. "It's about patriotism …" pic.twitter.com/v37nn6xihR

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 11, 2019

President Trump called-out House Speaker Nancy Pelosi last Friday; slamming the top Democrat after she told her colleagues she’d like to see the Commander-in-Chief “in prison” rather than impeached.

“Nervous Nancy Pelosi is a disgrace to herself and her family for having made such a disgusting statement, especially since I was with foreign leaders overseas. There is no evidence for such a thing to have been said. Nervous Nancy & Dems are getting Zero work done in Congress and have no intention of doing anything other than going on a fishing expedition to see if they can find anything on me – both illegal & unprecedented in U.S. history. There was no Collusion – Investigate the Investigators! Go to work on Drug Price Reductions & Infrastructure!” tweeted Trump.

…and have no intention of doing anything other than going on a fishing expedition to see if they can find anything on me – both illegal & unprecedented in U.S. history. There was no Collusion – Investigate the Investigators! Go to work on Drug Price Reductions & Infrastructure!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 7, 2019

“’I don’t want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison,’ Pelosi said, according to multiple Democratic sources familiar with the meeting. Instead of impeachment, Pelosi still prefers to see Trump defeated at the ballot box and then prosecuted for his alleged crimes, according to the sources,” reports Politico.

“They said she was expressing solidarity with pro-impeachment Democrats who want to hold the president accountable while disputing the idea that it is now time to take that step. Pelosi has long argued that certain conditions must be met before Democrats begin impeachment — public support and strong bipartisan backing, neither of which have so far materialized,” adds the article.