Pelosi and the Dumbs want 16 year olds voting

The voting age should match the selective service age.

Currently that is 18.

If they decided to lower the selective service age to 16 then the vote would have to be lowered to match.

The voting age should be tied to the age at which the potential exists for the government to issue levee en masse.

More voters are fine, just not 16 year old’s, felons, illegal people and so on :slight_smile:

I’m sure that’s one of the things trying to be done by the Democrats, But, then you have to convince the country that we need 16 year olds to be ready for the draft and war if needed, I doubt that will happen. I don’t think America is ready to send 16 year olds to war, Democrats have lost their minds and willing to have 16 year old killed in combat just so they might get a larger voting base, HOW SICK this is, and I hope people see it for what it is

Right. Seems like if youre consistently working, paying taxes, and using public roadways, you should have some say in what happens with your tax dollars.

Lowering the Selective Services age for 16 year’s old?
So, now for the sake of having more voters you’ll put 16 year old’s into combat, and even be drafted if need be?
So, Democrats are NOW willing to send our 16 year old kids into combat for the sake of them getting a larger voting block ?
Can you imagine the 1st 16 yr. old killed, you’ll have ever liberal screaming that Republicans are kid killing warmongers, because that’s how they roll, start stuff and then point fingers and say, look what they’ve done?
Personally, I don’t think America is ready to see its 16 year olds blown apart or beheaded by the type of people we’re fighting today, IMHO, I don’t think most 16 yr olds today have it in them to go to War, so be careful what wish for :slight_smile:

It should stay at 18.

18 is when you become a legal adult, and have the ability to make decisions without parental consent.

Lowering the age to 16 means you’re lowering the standards for adulthood.

Odd.

America is just fine though seeing 16 year olds and younger folks, some in the womb yet, be blown apart or incinerated as part of “acceptable collateral damage” in the kind of fighting we are doing today with our “adult” 18 and over soldiers.

Just an aside, mind you.

That’s silly 16 year olds work all the time

Sixteen year olds should not vote.

I agree with your conclusion but regarding the first premise…really? So when do 16 year olds have time to go to school if they are working, “all the time”?

Well, I don’t know about no experience, as there are teens working part time and having care responsibility for younger siblings.

But I don’t know that part time and not a primary breadwinner is enough experience to grasp the financial consequences of one’s choices in the voting booth.

With a percentage of 18 year olds going to work full time and enlisting in the Armed Forces, it’s probably not so unreasonable to leave 18 as minimum voting age.

Not as in full time. As in 16 year olds do have jobs that get them over the minimum required to file taxes.

There were these little ones as well.

…and what percent of all 16 year olds make up this group you speak of?

Who cares? Taxation without representation was your argument.

16 year olds should not vote. Your argument was silly.

That’s right…and they aren’t paying the taxes necessary to be represented. Now ya got it…thanks.

What do you mean they are not paying the taxes.? If they are working they are paying a payroll taxes. Should only those with jobs be able to vote? You are digging a hell of a hole here.

Doesn’t a poll tax work against the 24th Amendment?

They are not mature enough to balance all that’s necessary to maintain a full time job which implies their political opinion isn’t mature enough for them to have a voice.

Well, at least they dropped their lawsuit against Trump…

Psst, 16 year olds pay taxes.