Paulie Manafort's bad day

Paul is going undercover!

The defendant agrees to furnish to the Government all documents and other material that may be relevant to the investigation and that are in the defendant’s possession or control and to participate in undercover activities pursuant to the specific instructions of law enforcement agents or the Government.

Maybe!

Uh, oh.

Looks like Paul cannot accept a pardon without exposing himself to further legal risk.

Your client agrees that, should any plea or conviction following your client’s pleas of guilty pursuant to this Agreement, or the guilty verdicts in the Eastern District of Virginia, be vacated, set aside, or dismissed for any reason (other than by government motion as set forth herein), any prosecution based on the conduct set forth in the attached Statement of the Offense, as well as any crimes that the Government has agreed not to prosecute or to dismiss pursuant to this Agreement, that is not time-barred by the applicable statute of limitations on the date of the signing of this Agreement, may be commenced or reinstated against your client, notwithstanding the expiration of the statute of limitations between the signing of this Agreement and the commencement or reinstatement of such prosecution.

Even beyond the statue of limitations.

That’s a hell of a thing to give up. His transgressions are literally unpardonable.

1 Like

Paul also sits in jail before sentencing. Paul also doesn’t get to be sentenced until the government is done with him. Then Paul gets to sit in a different jail.

bait

2 Likes

In the America of my youth, lo these many years ago, say 18 months, this type of news about the President’s campaign manager would be above-the-fold, banner headline stuff.

It doesn’t even qualify for a double-glance these days.

This President has removed from us, through constant aversion therapy, the ability to be shocked.

I’m not sure I like the prospects of a people who cannot be shocked.

2 Likes

Paul Manafort is having a bad day.

? I haven’t heard anything new…

^ Additional confirmation that Paul Manafort is having a bad day.

1 Like

Still having a bad day.

1 Like

Faker.
10charles

yeah. He’s full of ■■■■■ His lawyer tried to get permission for him to wear street clothes at the hearing, but the judge said no. He’s just trying to look sympathetic.

Witches…all of them…witches

Hard to blame him. He’s probably too exhausted to walk after all that cooperatin’ he’s been doing. What was it? 9 known sessions of something like 6 hours each?

That’s a lot of beans to spill.

Screw the Screws. Id make them push me around in a chair too! Good for Pauli!

He also has every motivation to give out as many tangents and details as possible. Safe to say, that there is a part of Paulie that loves his day long interviews with Mueller’s people. Manafort must enjoy interacting with someone who has studied his life in such detail that they likely remind him of adventures in international rat ■■■■■■■ that even Paulie himself forgot.

1 Like

still a bad day i think

https://twitter.com/dmartosko/status/1082706075491667969

:rofl:

Ooops.

It’s exceedingly easy to do redactions in Adobe Acrobat. This is a level of incompetence that I’ve rarely seen in legal filings.

3 Likes

i took the time to cut and paste from the document

s. (See, e.g., Doc. 460 at 5 (After being shown documents, Mr. Manafort
“conceded” that he discussed or may have discussed a Ukraine peace plan with Mr. Kilimnik on
more than one occasion); id. at 6 (After being told that Mr. Kilimnik had traveled to Madrid on the
same day that Mr. Manafort was in Madrid, Mr. M

In fact, during a proffer meeting held
with the Special Counsel on September 11, 2018, Mr. Manafort explained to the Government
attorneys and investigators that he would have given the Ukrainian peace plan more thought, had
the issue not been raised during the period he was engaged with work related to the presidential
Case 1:17-cr-00201-ABJ Document 471 Filed 01/08/19 Page 5 of 10
campaign. Issues and communications related to Ukrainian political events simply were not at the
forefront of Mr. Manafort’s mind during the period at issue and it is not surprising at all that Mr.
Manafort was unable to recall specific details prior to having his recollection refreshed. The same
is true with regard to the Government’s allegation that Mr. Manafort lied about sharing polling
data with Mr. Kilimnik related to the 2016 presidential campaign. (See Doc. 460 at 6).

The
Government has indicated that Mr. Manafort’s statements about this payment are inconsistent with
those of others, but the defense has not received any witness statements to support this contention.

The first alleged misstatement identified in the Special Counsel’s submission
(regarding a text exchange on May 26, 2018) related to a text message from a third-party asking
permission to use Mr. Manafort’s name as an introduction in the event the third-party met the
President. This does not constitute outreach by Mr. Manafort to the President. The second
example identified by the Special Counsel is hearsay purportedly offered by an undisclosed third
party and the defense has not been provided with the statement (or any witness statements that
form the basis for alleging intentional falsehoods).

Incompetence seems to be a running theme with the people around Mr. Trump. Lol

In all seriousness, I was under the impression Mr. Manafort’s legal team was top notch? Is that the case from your understanding?

I don’t know much about his lawyers, but this is inexcusable. I mean, it’s probably just some junior clerk or intern’s fault - but even so.

1 Like